will valve pull off a george lucas and....

will they?

• no, we'll be stuck with the same old....

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • yes, we get the BFG 4000 etc...

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • valve will pull something out of their hat and make it work!

Votes: 50 79.4%

• Total voters

NeptuneUK

Space Core
Reaction score
... re-invent new weapons and enemies in the story and make a crappy excuses to why they exist?

barney: "uh yeh, this is the er... super powerful plasma cannon, the combine have always had it.... er didnt you notice it before? the combine... er just... like didnt use it... coz they didnt want to, you know. insurance costs...."

gordon: "bullsh..."

This is kind of a stupid question, of course there will be be new units and weapons, and I can think of logical explainations for new units and weapons.

yes there will, but will they explain how they got there properly?
i wanted a discussion, the poll is there coz i was bored

Most of the new enemies seem to the the ones that you saw(but never fought with) in the citadel so they really don't need much of an explanation. As for new weapons, they could just say the Combine created them due to the rising threat from Gordon and the Resistance.

They wont Re-Invent anything. They will add on to it as they have to.
They could add new units. Remember the combine is made up of many species. The ones they oringally attacked with are not the ones you see in game. You think they had combine soliders in the oringal attack? Hell no. Now that the resistance has pulled a big one.... Well what could the combine pull out to make them stfu?
We will see....

The combine are from many worlds spread across..the galaxy..or prehaps..... the universe?

Minerel said:
They wont Re-Invent anything. They will add on to it as they have to.
They could add new units. Remember the combine is made up of many species. The ones they oringally attacked with are not the ones you see in game. You think they had combine soliders in the oringal attack? Hell no. Now that the resistance has pulled a big one.... Well what could the combine pull out to make them stfu?
We will see....

The combine are from many worlds spread across..the galaxy..or prehaps..... the universe?
Repeat that in english please.

If only this were June. It would have fit perfectly in my sig. :(

Repeat that in english please.
K

No reinventarán cualquier cosa. Agregarán encendido a él como tienen que. Podrían agregar nuevas unidades. Recuerde que la cosechadora está compuesta de muchas especies. Los que oringally atacaron con no son los usted ve en juego. ¿Usted piensa que tenían soliders de la cosechadora en el ataque oringal? No. del infierno. Ahora que la resistencia ha tirado grande.... ¿El pozo qué podría la cosechadora se sacaron para hacerles stfu? Veremos.... ¿La cosechadora es de muchos prehaps de la extensión across..the galaxy..or de los mundos..... el universo?
Ohh than spanish my bad..you wanted english?

Ils ne réinventeront rien. Ils ajouteront dessus à lui comme ils doivent. Ils pourraient ajouter de nouvelles unités. Rappelez-vous que le cartel se compose de beaucoup d'espèces. Celui qu'elles ont oringally attaqué avec n'est pas celle vous voyez dans le jeu. Vous pensez qu'il a eu des soliders de cartel dans l'attaque oringal ? No. d'enfer. Maintenant que la résistance a tiré grand.... Le puits ce qui pourrait le cartel retirent- pour leur faire le stfu ? Nous verrons.... Le cartel sont de beaucoup de prehaps de la diffusion across..the galaxy..or des mondes..... l'univers ?
E shit thats french..my bad!

lol just read my post carefully... You will understand in the course of...well im not really at liberty to say....

Minerel said:
K

No reinventarán cualquier cosa. Agregarán encendido a él como tienen que. Podrían agregar nuevas unidades. Recuerde que la cosechadora está compuesta de muchas especies. Los que oringally atacaron con no son los usted ve en juego. ¿Usted piensa que tenían soliders de la cosechadora en el ataque oringal? No. del infierno. Ahora que la resistencia ha tirado grande.... ¿El pozo qué podría la cosechadora se sacaron para hacerles stfu? Veremos.... ¿La cosechadora es de muchos prehaps de la extensión across..the galaxy..or de los mundos..... el universo?
Ohh than spanish my bad..you wanted english?

Ils ne réinventeront rien. Ils ajouteront dessus à lui comme ils doivent. Ils pourraient ajouter de nouvelles unités. Rappelez-vous que le cartel se compose de beaucoup d'espèces. Celui qu'elles ont oringally attaqué avec n'est pas celle vous voyez dans le jeu. Vous pensez qu'il a eu des soliders de cartel dans l'attaque oringal ? No. d'enfer. Maintenant que la résistance a tiré grand.... Le puits ce qui pourrait le cartel retirent- pour leur faire le stfu ? Nous verrons.... Le cartel sont de beaucoup de prehaps de la diffusion across..the galaxy..or des mondes..... l'univers ?
E shit thats french..my bad!

lol just read my post carefully... You will understand in the course of...well im not really at liberty to say....

A candidate for training to use antlions??? :naughty:

Minerel said:

omg :O
Minerel is the G-man in disguise!!!!! :bounce:

I can think of about 5 weapons they could use. Gauss gun, stun stick, slam, combine machine gun (hand held type that was on the airboat), etc... If the combine had rare weaponry, then it would make sense. That and prototypes.
EDIT: Forgot the combine sniper rifle. ;D

The stalkers, icthyosaur, cremator head and the mystery synths in the citadel all show that there's much more enemies than what Gordon experienced.

So long as Jar Jar Binks isn't in Half-Life 3, Valve can do what the hell they like.

No Hayden Christensen either.

Although the droids would be a cool implement to HL3 :)

ah yes the sniper rifle! hells yeah, would love to use that.
what will the stalkers do? freak you out to death?
"argh! it looked at me!" *beep - major fracture detected*

infact id love to see an upgraded HEV suit, some extra abilities! valve would surely think of something innotive

Minerel said:
I know what u mean- (for example the xen Vortigaunts were realy combine) but this plot theory is just a speculation- vlave never confirmed this

but it will be fun to see combine from errrrrr planet filled with predator style creatures

i hope whatever they add makes sense. but then again, their standard weapons don't make any sense, so not much they can really mess up

invisible nade launchers, a crowbar that can destroy tanks (in hl1 anyway), rockets that buzz around like angry bees, a mysterious extra barrel to a pump action shotgun, an unlimited supply of pheropods, rickety crossbow able to launch rebar insane distances, using severed alien apendages...

its not like valve can go and make weirder weapons.

Valve their weapons are great, remember the Gravity gun? :p

The pheropods are great too. The explanation is ok, because they come from the Antlion Guard.

He means like the SMGs non-existant grenade launcher that shoots bullet shaped grenades that spin :bonce: . Or the realy ugly revolver and the crossbow model not matching the FP crossbow.

CreamOfetus said:
yeah... Valve is NOT good at weapon design...
... I can't think of anyone who designs weapons better than Valve.

First person to say Bungie gets laughed at via Private Message ^^

kupoartist said:
... I can't think of anyone who designs weapons better than Valve.

First person to say Bungie gets laughed at via Private Message ^^

Word.

How anyone can say bungie is beyond me...SPUD GUNS!

Private message war will commence.

Instead of a sniper rifle, i'd go for a one hit kill instagib type gun, with a laser thing but i guess thats pretty much the same dynamic as the crossbow.

Flyingdebris said:
i hope whatever they add makes sense. but then again, their standard weapons don't make any sense, so not much they can really mess up

invisible nade launchers, a crowbar that can destroy tanks (in hl1 anyway), rockets that buzz around like angry bees, a mysterious extra barrel to a pump action shotgun, an unlimited supply of pheropods, rickety crossbow able to launch rebar insane distances, using severed alien apendages...

its not like valve can go and make weirder weapons.
Which is why the game rocks.

Anyways, that having been said, the combine appear to have either made or portaled in additional units to the Citadel.
We might see a few additional weapons, but my bet is more enemies. Mainly aliens from Xen such as houndeyes, and other varieties of the headcrab and antlion species.

Back