Will WoW work on my computer?

Kitire

Reaction score
need to know if WoW will work on meh computer. All requirements based on the developers are bull, 1.2GHz and 256mb ram for hl2? Don't 'tink so. I get around 15fps in heavy firefights and 50fps regulerly in cs:source

1.6GHz Pentium 4
512MB SDRAM
Radeon7500 (if you laugh, you die Sad)
DSL 1MBPS ( my ip sais 1.5, but when i connect to my dsl it sais 100.0mbps..

I am looking for around 10-15 frames per second.:cheers:

.. Hellooo.. I want details.. Not "it'll run kind of" crap.

Kitire said:

What else is one supposed to say? You will run it fine. It won't be at max settings, but it will at least run fast enough for you.

Kitire said:
you asked if it would work on your computer, he replied with a suitable answer :)

Yeah.. Guess so =/. What kind of fps should i be looking for?

Blizzard states the minimum GPU requirement as a GeForce 2; while a GeForce 2 will run the game just fine at lower resolutions and detail settings, it will do so at the sacrifice of a good amount of image quality. Below, we have a comparison between a playable WoW system on a GeForce4 MX (GeForce 2 class DirectX 7 hardware) and on a Radeon X800 (DX9 hardware). You'll see a DX7 screenshot, and mouse over to see the same scene running on DX9 hardware:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2381

DX 7:

DX7.jpg

DX 8:

DX8.jpg

DX 9:

DX9.jpg

I'd like to mention that i only get around 5-8 fps in guild wars marketplaces or whatever you call them =/...

Your computer will lag extremely badly in crowded areas. Specially Ironforge and Orgrimmar (Main alliance and horde cities). I have a 2.53GHz P4, 9800 pro, 512 MB of ram and I have to wait for a few minutes before I can move everytime I go into the org auction house or hearth there.

2.27ghz 512mb ram, 9800 pro, and i lag like shit.
P.S. TDE Welcome back! <3 please enable your private messages, i want to congradualte your return.

The game has pretty bad graphics, it's not a huge system hog either, you should be all set.

Kitire said:
I'd like to mention that i only get around 5-8 fps in guild wars marketplaces or whatever you call them =/...
Guild Wars is incredibly efficiant, if your lagging bad in that I think WoW will be a very painful experience, its a bigger hog than GW.

Though what res, settings are you running at? If your trying to get the best quality/res your going to struggle regardless. Switch everything down to the lowest then go up until its a good compromise between quality/speed

Also to others suffering lag, its not always the system specs but the netspeed. If things are jumping about, or there's pauses, its trying to get too much information and send too much back for your connection. If it begins to slow down and becomes jerky, its the hardware.

I have a pentium 3 900mhz
Nvidia Mobile Geforce 2 GTS 32mb
and 512 ram.
(Yes, it's an old laptop)

WoW works fine on the lowest settings (20-25 fps, even riding griffs).
But it gets down to 10-15 fps when I instance with 39 other people.

What, do you have t1? 900MHz on it.. Wow. And please, people who posted your lag on the game, post your internet speed too.

Kitire said:
What, do you have t1? 900MHz on it.. Wow. And please, people who posted your lag on the game, post your internet speed too.

I have 2Mbit DSL. Internet speed isn't really that big of a deal. I know people who play on 56k and they are fine outside of big cities. Ram is a huge factor in this game. Friend of mine has 1.5 gigs of ram and he doesn't lag nearly as much as I do.

Back