Will you buy HL2 straight away, or wait for the reviews?

Shuzer said:
I'll buy it BEFORE it hits the stores! Who's with me? Anyone for a covert warehouse break-in?!

..I said buy, well, I suppose I'll just leave $50 where the stolen game box is

Shuzer u know im down with it.
:thumbs:

since im getting the little slip that comes with the 9800xt that entitles me to a free copy of hl2 ill pick it up a few days after the release and wait for the lines to die down. now doom 3 on the other hand....pre orderd that way back in jan. of 2003....by the time it comes out ill have had it pre orderd for over a year and a half so im sure as hell gonna pick that up on release day.

Mine's pre-ordered for free. So yes, straight-away :)

And when it's out I have to not go to any gaming site until I get it :D

Depends on the money flow...

I have an ATI coupon but who the f*ck wants to wait 4-6 weeks for the game to come, maybe someone with alzheimers.

strait away! am not ganna wait for some reveiws! am ganna buy the game so that I can play it! movies of the game are making me drowl! :D

chu said:
Depends on the money flow...

I have an ATI coupon but who the f*ck wants to wait 4-6 weeks for the game to come, maybe someone with alzheimers.

Doesn't that allow you to redeem HL2 online via Steam (rhetorical question)? Personally, that sounds like a great way to get it, IMO (unless, of course, you're on 56k)

I think they should let you download it and have them send you the game, because there is something about having the box of the game that makes it better, i'm not sure what but just having the box to see is sweet.

I have preorderd hl2 at 2 different places so Im sure that il get it.
And im not leaving my puter until my hands are bleeding and my urin bladder has exploded

Considering I built a new PC for HL2, I don't think I'll have any hesitation forking out another 50 for the game the system was built for...

That valve logo is simply the coolest thing ever. The music that goes with it makes it the best damn game startup logo I've ever seen.

Pity we had to watch the sierra logo too.

Venmoch said:
Well its on pre-order with Gameplay.co.uk

It means I'll get it on the UK day of release (Perhaps even a day early! Woo!)
Me too man :D

I pre-ordered it back in May :p

Nice Avatar too :)

I pre-ordered it ages ago, so I will get it exactly when it’s out (maybe some day before, if I’m lucky…) :)

I will defiantly read Gamespots review though, I really like the reviewers there. Especially the video Review. :)

Some games these days are reviewed before they hit the shelf. So....yeah.

HL2 - Buy it as soon as humanly possible. You don't wait 5 years for the sequel to the greatest FPS ever and then develop the "I'm a panzy wearing spongebob squarepants pyjamas and will wait for a magazine or website to review it"

No you don't do that.

You buy the damn game the milisecond fat 15 year old Jim stacks it on the shelf of your local game store. And you don't stop there, you buy it again and again. You need a minimum of 3 copies of this game.

I want Valve to be drowning in profits later this years. Drowning!

mrBadger said:
Me too man :D

I pre-ordered it back in May :p

Nice Avatar too :)

Mine was Pre-Ordered slightly more recently alongside Condition Zero (Initially for the stuff Ritual did, now for the deleted scenes that Ritual did. Still sucks about that whole Ritual/Valve/Turtle Rock fiasco, I mean Valve didn't even tell Ritual they were scrapping most of their work putting the redone multiplayer maps for the X-Box onto the PC version as well as Ritual being told their new high poly weapons and models suddenly stopped "Working" even though they worked for Ritual in the same build. Which kinda annoyed the Ritual staff as they did a large amount of work to get it looking good.

And the avatar was made with the use of a Night Vision filter and some GIF animator shaky cam effect on the Natural Selection Heavy Armour Render.

It came out well I think :p

I'll would buy it when it comes out. But if i haven't got enough money, or i'm going to have to wait for a copy, i'll scan the internet, and see if valve releases a demo on the same day or week.

Curiosity Kills People, Killing Is Murder, Therefore We Are All Quilty.

Venmoch said:
Mine was Pre-Ordered slightly more recently alongside Condition Zero (Initially for the stuff Ritual did, now for the deleted scenes that Ritual did. Still sucks about that whole Ritual/Valve/Turtle Rock fiasco, I mean Valve didn't even tell Ritual they were scrapping most of their work putting the redone multiplayer maps for the X-Box onto the PC version as well as Ritual being told their new high poly weapons and models suddenly stopped "Working" even though they worked for Ritual in the same build. Which kinda annoyed the Ritual staff as they did a large amount of work to get it looking good.

And the avatar was made with the use of a Night Vision filter and some GIF animator shaky cam effect on the Natural Selection Heavy Armour Render.

It came out well I think :p

So thats the reason why the new version of CS is such shit, it's useing the xbox maps.

mrchimp said:
So thats the reason why the new version of CS is such shit, it's useing the xbox maps.

I loathe X-Box fanboys with a passion. Some of them are so blind that they think an X-box is more powerful than a decent computer.

Fools.

I loathe X-Box fanboys with a passion. Some of them are so blind that they think an X-box is more powerful than a decent computer.

Fools.

I second that.

Im gettin it the DAY..no...the HOUR...wait....MINUTE the game comes out. if it is released on a school day, then like many of you, im faking sick, or skipping....i have waited tooo long for such a masterpiece!

I'm getting my copy off of steam as soon as it's available! I wonder If I can burn it...

im gonna be hitting up delivery trucks all over the City for the game :p

is this post supposed to be some sort of joke!?
:p

I would really love to be reading this thread if I were from Valve...

Money... Money... MONEY!!!

pre-bought it when it was announced eb still has my 50 dollars from then yes! :smoking:

Usually in the UK the reviews come out before the games are actually released.. So i'll get my PC zone and check up on that, then decide :cheese:

Punzz said:
Usually in the UK the reviews come out before the games are actually released.. So i'll get my PC zone and check up on that, then decide :cheese:

I'm buying as soon as it comes out.

i am skipping school for a wheek so i can play it the whole wheek :p

It will probably be the first game that I will buy it before reading the review.

to amped up to give a damn about reviews, will try to get it as soon as possible

F**k the reviews. I'll camp the store and be the earliest guy in town to get the game.

Back