Will you go through an emotional moment when you get HL2?

Captain M4d

POWER OVERWHELMING
Reaction score
Through all the stuff we have been through, I think I might go through a little one. I'll make quite a scene in Gamestop.

I think we all will.
It's such a pivotal time in history for gamers world-wide, I don't see why not.

After over a year on these forums, I'd think I'll feel a little something or other... :p

erm... probably not... I'm not quite looking forward to it that much... I probably won't even get it when it comes out depending on how much free time i have....

Xac493 said:
erm... probably not... I'm not quite looking forward to it that much... I probably won't even get it when it comes out depending on how much free time i have....
:eek: :eek: :eek: :x :rolling:

I'll play it religiously. And beat it. I will probably play on hardest setting. I rarely play above easy in any game, but HL2 is the title to warrent it. I just hope its a long game that makes you wish it doesnt end, i hate games that are long and you are begging for it to end.

yes, i will just like sit there with the box in my hands and cry... i will cry tears into the manual, and it will soak them up... then i will proceed to eat the cd and cry some more when i realize what a stupid thing ive done.

-merc

i can't believe i've actually spent this much time waiting for a game. bye everyone

*dies*

Evil^Milk said:

/me stabs EvilMilk to make sure he's dead

When I finally get HL2, my heart will skip a beat. :|

merc said:
yes, i will just like sit there with the box in my hands and cry... i will cry tears into the manual, and it will soak them up... then i will proceed to eat the cd and cry some more when i realize what a stupid thing ive done.

-merc
Nice. That gave me a good laugh. I just visualized that.

I'll be calm when I'm at the store picking up my copy of HL2.

Then when I come home I'll scream as loud as I can into my pillow.

i will say.. yay..
and then play it..

bam23 said:
I'll be calm when I'm at the store picking up my copy of HL2.

Then when I come home I'll scream as loud as I can into my pillow.
Holy crap. That's a good idea. Didn't think of that. I might just scream when I get home.

I'm going to cry. Then, I'm going to thank God for giving me this game. Then, I'm going to perform a human sacrafice to appease the lords at Valve. When I'm through with that, I'll start up Steam, and check to see it's really under "My Games." After that, I'll screan. Then, I'll check once more. Finally, I'll play the game.

I'll also have a heart attack before the first level finishes loading.

I'll prolly get tears of joy streaming down my face.... then I'm gonna rip open the package and put on my HL2:CE tee shirt and not take it off until I beat the game....

I think the anticipation of knowing it is finally released will be greater than actually having the tangible product in my hands. I am buying the retail version because I have crappy internet connection where I am so steam is out of the question for me.

The whole drive to the store, the purchase and the drive home will be the greatest feeling. And then the install and seeing the splash screens for the first time. The music, the atmosphere, I could go on but won't.

I know I'm gonna make a scene and cry or some crap. 5 years and its finally here, after all I've been thorugh, who wouldnt cry? It'll be a big moment in my life anyways.

I'm going to start laughing hysterically, and my wife will call the mental hospital. They will come for me with a straightjacket, and take me to a far away land where I play HL2 all day!

[EDIT:] I will also lick my box at the store, so no one else can take it. MINE!!

I will walk into the store all casual, pluack a box up off the shelf quickly as if someone else were there fighting for it. Then, I'd bring it slowly up to my nose and give it a sniff to make sure it has a scent and that its real.
I shall then proceed to walk proudly over to the couter smothering my prized possesion in my hands, slap it down on the counter while the register person stares. Tap my fingers on the countertop while staring at him impatiently.
After that I'll rush back to the car and proceed to rip it open, unless its covered in plastic, then I will have to sit and pick at it for a while. Retrieve the manual from its holy resting place and proceed to being engrossed by the control mechanichs of the game while my mom picks up a few more things at the store across. The drive home will be murder I shall be jumpy and twitchy, anxciously awaiting that moment I can finally pop it into my CD-Rom drive.

On second thought none of this will probably happen....

GhostBoi said:
I will walk into the store all casual, pluack a box up off the shelf quickly as if someone else were there fighting for it. Then, I'd bring it slowly up to my nose and give it a sniff to make sure it has a scent and that its real.
I shall then proceed to walk proudly over to the couter smothering my prized possesion in my hands, slap it down on the counter while the register person stares. Tap my fingers on the countertop while staring at him impatiently.
After that I'll rush back to the car and proceed to rip it open, unless its covered in plastic, then I will have to sit and pick at it for a while. Retrieve the manual from its holy resting place and proceed to being engrossed by the control mechanichs of the game while my mom picks up a few more things at the store across. The drive home will be murder I shall be jumpy and twitchy, anxciously awaiting that moment I can finally pop it into my CD-Rom drive.

On second thought none of this will probably happen....

Lol I love your sig Ghostboi...that movie pwns.

Ownzed said:
Lol I love your sig Ghostboi...that movie pwns.
omg, I just lost ten minutes of my life laughing and crying at "I believe you have my stapler" !!!! I loved Office Space.

i'm going to get that call from ebgames. then I will drive as fast as I can to the mall and pick it up all while shaking people violently screaming "It's out! It's really out!"

... or something like that. but rest assured i'll be happy and excited.

1st post! I figured it was time to stop lurking.

Very. Emotional. I preordered mine from GameCrazy where the only PC games they have are the ones that you preorder. None of them have the respect for PCs. They won't know the most joyous thing in the world.

...but it's mine! Alll mines... my... precious...

or will be

i havent pre-ordered yet... i will once theres a date
and i agree with spugmaster
its the anticipation of the wait, opening the box
reading the entire manual before playing
looking through everything in the game apart from the actual game b4 playing
looking at the install screen, at all the screenshots on the install

that elation will only last for the first few levels of any given game - unless HL2 is REALLY good

Xac493 said:

Same here.

If you all would, please follow me on the emotional rollercoaster that the day of half-life 2's release will become:

24hrs prior to release: Eat spaghetti / or some kinda pasta... drink milk, oj, or another good healthy drink - keeping very very calm and methodical

12hrs prior to release: Eat steak (rare to medium rare).. same drink as before - still keeping calm, getting sleep after I am done with this meal

2hrs prior to release: Get shower, begin to start to hype up, shave up and do all the hygene things

1hr prior to release: eat breakfast of higher sugar content - drink some mt. dew or another higher caffeine pop... all the while blasting some nice heavy metal fast pumping songs to fire myself up.. dressing in long jeans, long black tshirt.. maybe my trenchcoat

30 min prior to release: drive over (still listening to music).. park trans am, before gettin out of car, slam 6 Red Bulls like shooters :) Get in line or get in store

Release: (this is where all the food selections come into play.. each food was specifically chosen to give me the most energy at the release time)... sprint to games section and find Half-Life 2... grab copy.. if no copies left.. find somone who hasnt purchased yet and make sure I leave store with purchasing it... (it may get bloody at this point... but somethings are worth it... this is likely one of them)

Running To The Checkout Counter: Release I just beat some punk who was actually carrying Sims 2... find nother vict- customer who feels to the game is better to not buy and hand to the fine upstanding gentleman in front of him (me)

Check Out: Calmly hand the money to the register person, smile, and say thank you, (maybe ask for a wetnap to clean off some blood)

Drive Home: Buckle game into car... nervously negotiating my way home

Home: Immensly increaded nervousness as I punch in the CD key

Game Runs: Elation cheering nonstop happiness, as I run to HL2.net to join the masses in their rejoicing

HL2.net: Upon loading HL2.net, tears stream down my face in anguish as some b!*** posted the final spoiler in a topic heading which I unfortunately saw b/c of my bad timing... wheeping... just.. wheeping

I probably won't. I leave the emotional stuff to RPGs.

I'll be playing within 10 seconds of it coming out. ATI Voucher w00t!
prolly pick up the collector's edition sometime later though

Captain M4d said:
Through all the stuff we have been through, I think I might go through a little one. I'll make quite a scene in Gamestop.

No, I won't.

I'll wait for the UPS call.
Clean my room, clean my comp (hardware), then run scandisck, defrag, anti virus, space saver ,delete .temp files and delete stuff that I don't need anymore. If it's day, I'll install it, play maybe the tutorial, just the tutotial, I'll save up the emotion for the night. I'll call my friends that I won't be going out that night.

I'll also change my MSN nick, witch has stayed untouch for years (blanck nick) : I have Half-Life 2

Then I'll play at night, so no one can bother me.

I will get so excited that I will eyaculate in my pants
and when I will leaving the store I will accidentaly fall cuz I was looking the box and I didnt pay attention to the floor
but my leg will get broken so I go to a hospital,in the hospital I will be screaming "give...me...my...HL2" and the medics will think that I am dying so they will use the electric machine used to resucite hearts,and after they see that I am alive and paralized by the shock hey will let me go to my house,the travel to home is get blocked by a lot of cars cuz a old car get damaged in the middle of he street and a idiot has crashed to that car,hours after I get home but my keys get fried for the electrical shock and they dont mix into the keyhole and my mom give her keys to my brother that is in the house of his friend playing Yu-gi-oh cards and hes friend lives to 30 minutes away,30 minutes after I get to my brother's friend house and he go to a cybercafe,after cheks 4 cybercafes I back to the friend's house to and we found them and he tell me that they et to the house 2 minutes after we leaving,how my moma need to go to the work I am my brother go to my house in buss,but when the buss driver stop tp talk to another buss driver in the other side of the way a idiot crash it and the impact send me flying troug the frontal window,but I go to another buss even if my head is bleeding and I get home,are the 10:30 pm and I get home and turn on the PC and when I introduce the CD the lights gone

that will be the day I buy HL2

I'm going to get a cup of tea and a chair, and wait next to the front door from 10am onwards.

Then I think I'm going to go into the front room, put it on a table and stare at it for a bit. And then I'm going to install it.

But, no. Crying won't be involved.

Feath said:
I'm going to get a cup of tea and a chair, and wait next to the front door from 10am onwards.

Then I think I'm going to go into the front room, put it on a table and stare at it for a bit. And then I'm going to install it.

But, no. Crying won't be involved.

u gonna invite me over for tea and biscuits? :p

I don't think so. It's a game, not a long-lost cousin. :)

I don't think I'd really have time for one anyway, I'd be playing it too much. :p

Dr. Freeman said:

I'm not kidding about the tea. The tea is central to the day. Hot, sweet tea. Hmm, I'm not sure if I'll have any biscuits. Probably not.

And I forgot to mention, I'll be skipping Uni for the day.

(Tea > Lectures)

Note to self: Try not to misspell "Hot sweet tea" as "hot sweat tea"; it'll give people funny ideas about you.

Dr. Freeman said:

He can invite me - I only live down the road from him! A Mackem & a Smoggie in the same room with a common cause!

What an encouraging thought!

:p

Feath said:
I'm not kidding about the tea. The tea is central to the day. Hot, sweet tea. Hmm, I'm not sure if I'll have any biscuits. Probably not.

And I forgot to mention, I'll be skipping Uni for the day.

(Tea > Lectures)

Note to self: Try not to misspell "Hot sweet tea" as "hot sweat tea"; it'll give people funny ideas about you.

hehe Feath :)
i wasn't poking fun at u actually.. imma tea drinker myself.. perhaps not used to the British flavours but anyway yeah tea would be good while looking over the HL2 manuel :)

Back