will you play HL:S before HL2?

john121

Reaction score
will anyone play Half Life Source before playing HL2? I for one, might just fly through it one last time before moving on to HL2, just to recap on alot of things, and possibly try and understand some minor details of the beginning of HL2.

My only question is.. will Barney be buying you that beer in HL2?

I have been contemplating this issue ever since the announced HL:S.

I'm leaning toward replaying HL before HL2. Like you said, for a recap.

nah.. not me .. its like

"we wil give you the cure for the scorching pain after we try to operate on you without anestesia"

depends on which one comes out first if hls doesn't come out before hl2 then no i won't cause i've played the first to death but if it does come before hl2 then yes just to see then new stuff! eg. water and other stuff

Have wondered this myself.

I think it depends how much work goes into HL:S. If it's not all that much different than the original (other than slightly updated graphics and physics) I probably wouldn't. But if it were to be completely redone (which is doubtful)...that I might do it first.

the only thing about HL that pisses me off is when you shoot a marine in the head it doesnt count as a headshot and you have to pump more lead into him.

Well, if they do come out together then it all goes to how good the original will look with the Source. What new things can I see immediately? I will probably go the train part through so that hell is over when I decide to play HL again.

I'm not going to. I must have played HL 10 times, and im not really interested in looking for new shiny floors and things. I may play 'Anomolous Materials' though, just to recap.

yeah, just whatever comes out first. I said whatever! For god's sake just ... just GIMME SOURCE!!!

I recently finished HL1 and Op4 so I'm pretty "refreshed", although I'll play the beginning just to see how different it is.

If I was a stupid amish person I would. But I'm not so I will stay current with the latest and greatest.

I dunno, i might actually play the first few levels in HL and then go over to HL2. Then, when HL2 is finished, continue HL.

Never got around to playing HL1 completely so I will do it first.

I would only play HL:S all the way through If they completely revamped all the textures for the world. I recently played all the way through and the soda machines where I could barely find out what company made the soda made me cry.

I hear it's just going to be a swap of textures and things. I'm not sure if the AI will be different and if the new textures will breath new life into to the game. I'm tempted to play through the original even if it's not in "source".

I think I can't wait to play the actual game when I have it.... will check HL:S later...

Anybody know when is HL:S released and in what form...bundled platinum/collector's edition or just single game box?

^Thomas^ said:
I want to, but the force of Half-Life 2 is to strong.

haha same here I will try to play HL:S and then play HL2 :p If I will be strong enough lol :)

Ill probably play the very beginning, and then see If I can load up the talk with the Gman at the end, then move on to HL2.

ISOPimp said:
Never got around to playing HL1 completely so I will do it first.

Don´t say that out load here ppl might be listening.

hah, I'll definately be replaying HL1. It's gotta be the way, because as soon as you finish the talk with the Gman, you boot up HL2 and BAM! He's there again going "Wake up and smell the Ashes!". It's going to rule!

If they both came out at exactly the same time, i might jump in HL:S and complete it super fast (isnt that hard, couple of hours)

Well, I just beat Op4 and that was after beating HL and Blue Shift, so unless HL: Source is available before HL2, or has some new story stuff in it, I won't bother.

Hmm.. I should probably go and beat Decay now..

Last edited:
hmm... I never played HL1 (don't shoot me), will I have to buy that or will HL:S come with HL2?

HL 2 all the way, im going to play hl:s after I completed hl 2 :)

I will probably play Hl:S before HL2.

Just imagine the pure excitement of having HL2 sitting in it's beautiful box on you desk. You know you couldn't do anything else besides carefully opening the box and inhaling its sweet, savory box-air. I'll probably break the disc trying to get it out of those damned cases... you need the finesse of a robotical machine to get them out...

I think the differences we'll see are about the same as between CS:source and regular CS. from what I've seen of HL2, chances are they'd update the models too, since alot of models and textures could be used in the original half life setting. Probably part of the delay has been for making HLS. Delay the game so Doom3's release won't interfere with sales, and then spent that time making HLS

Back