Win A Copy of Left 4 Dead 2 - Write Us A Poem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Here at Halflife2.net, we've come over all soft. Thanks to Valve, we have 5 copies of Left 4 Dead 2 to give away in our competition. All we want to you do is write a love poem to the spitter, one of the new special infected in Left 4 Dead 2. We think she's worth it.[br]
[br]Some rules:
  • Entries must be in English
  • Entries must be original work
  • Entries must be between 8 and 100 lines long
  • Entries must be in poem form (Interpret that last one however you like; we suggest the venerable sonnet. Read our poem writing guide by Sulkdodds here)[/url]
All poems should be titled Ode To The Spitter. Please send your entry to [email protected] with your HL2.net username in the email subject. One entry per user, competition closes 17th November (as L4D2 unlocks). Good luck!

Here at halflife2.net, we are poetry racists.

Hopefully I can snag a copy of L4D2, so I can play with my friends and not feel left out.

Haha this is awesome! I really like mine, hopefully you guys find it funny. Can we post our entries here?

I'd like to post mine, but I'm afraid that it's so great that I don't want any of you to get any ideas.

I would be cool with this if it was a love letter to the Witch.

I'll get my poetry writing hat on, even just for the challenge. I assume the top entries will be posted up when the comp ends?

I started writing then stopped. i all ready have this pre-ordered and i feel someone who doesn't have it should get it instead

I started writing then stopped. i all ready have this pre-ordered and i feel someone who doesn't have it should get it instead

You can always gift it to someone who doesn't have it... You know.. the only option you have if you win.

You can always gift it to someone who doesn't have it... You know.. the only option you have if you win.

yeah I was thinking of that too. maybe I'll give it some time tomorrow

hopefully I'll win this for my mate who really wants this!

Oh my God, it's like this contest is made for me, and I have the perfect friend in mind to gift it to if I win.

In before poems about swallowing..?

I would be cool with this if it was a love letter to the Witch.

Oh? And would it be cool if everyone was a winner? And you got chocolate kisses from Pi for doing a good job?

Baby.

No, we're going to print them all out and then burn them.

god dammed why not something I can do good?

like a spitter clay statue

also I have a teeth more away from the others that normal,does that count? :(

but nooooo,post first in your timezone advantaged place or make a nuclear phisic reactor and shit like that to win a game here

Giving it a go now, and I don't reckon I'm too good at this. It's taking me quite a while. But then I am trying to get it into sonnet form. I can handle the rhyming pattern and number of syllables, but getting the stressed syllables in the right place just ruins most plans for what I want to write.

You do realise there's a distinct likelihood I will write the poem entirely in Bill quotes.

I will try to write a ballad, it's similar to a sonnet, but it has dialog usually.

Oh, god. A poem? I'll pass. I fail at poetry like I am guessing most other people do.

I suck at poetry but this is pretty damn interesting. Perhaps a parody of a famous poem would be easier to write than something from scratch.

snip

Edit: PMs need a preview button tbh - i accidently posted mine here, sorry :p

Ok...they keep changing it, said 9pm nov 16 just a short while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back