Win A Copy of Left 4 Dead 2 - Write Us A Poem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dekky will most likely win this.
5 copies up for grabs, Reg. Don't be disheartened!

Keep the entries coming in, your poems will be scrutinised under poetic ability and humour. Both in fine balance will surely put you in good stead for victory.

My god, I can't decide if I should do so or not. Ok let's just do one. Hope you guys like my fail poetry.

Nvm. I cleaned it up a bit before i submitted it.

Good luck all!

Quick question; Will it be given out before the offical unlock of the game so that the hat will also be attained for TF2? (Double prize for winning the contest in my opinion)

Or possible that 3-4 copies could be given out on the 16th.

Thanks

Unfortunately not, since this is being co-ordinated in partnership with Valve and we play by their rules! On the bright side, at least the prize is the game and not just a TF2 hat...I'd imagine that would be pretty disappointing.

On the bright side, at least the prize is the game and not just a TF2 hat
Man, I want the hat! I could care less about L4D2; I want the beret so I can make the TF2 soldier into the original TFC soldier. Can I write a sonnet about my love for the beret and win the hat instead? You can keep the L4D2!

Hey guys, I've been following HL2.net for some time now, but it was this insane contest that made me register finally ;) sent my poem, would be fantastic to win a copy. All of my team-mates have allready preordered L4D2, I'll try my luck here :D good luck everyone!

Hey guys, I've been following HL2.net for some time now, but it was this insane contest that made me register finally ;) sent my poem, would be fantastic to win a copy. All of my team-mates have allready preordered L4D2, I'll try my luck here :D good luck everyone!
Welcome to Halflife2.net.
It's safer here.

and good luck \o/

Just sent mine in. I'm rather pleased with it so it was worth doing even if I'm not amongst the winners. Looking forward to seeing what people have come up with.

This competition closes at 5am GMT (When L4D2 unlocks).

Judging will begin at this point, and we've had a great response so give us a day to get through them all and announce the winners!

We already have the prizes thanks to Valve so we can pass copies on very quickly so winners can enjoy L4D2 during the first few days of launch :)

So from this post...4 hours to get your entries in if you're still making your finishing touches.

Totally forgot about this. Oh well I already have the game so I can't be bothered now.
Good luck to everyone!

Yeah, they'll all be all like, talking about her most awesome, striking features like the beautiful gaping mouth, long skinny neck, pretty shoes, tasty saliva, something about rabies rhyming with her babies (pretending she's pregnant) and then, like, how forbidden their love was since the outbreak of 'infection', which of course rhymes with 'erection'. I'm Sure Somebody will have all these down already. That's just the sort of thing that comes to mind.

Excited to see them, assuming we get to. Looking forward to your submissions, everybody.

Well you could write about her being a disgusting zombie mutant, but it's supposed to be a love poem :D looking forward to see other submissions too :)

Lots of great submissions, our judges are sorting through them now! Thank you to everyone who sent one in and stay tuned to hear the winners in the next few days!

I forgot to enter on time so I'll post here.

A poem in six words.

Mardi gras,
Without the beads.
Great.

Oh, god! The suspension is killing me, lol. Jk, I know I probably won't win. My poem failed.

I wrote my entire entry while watching an episode of House. I'm rather happy with how it turned out considering this, and also that peotry was one of my weakest areas in school. I don't know why but while writing this I suddenly understood why iambic pentameter worked.

I wrote mine during few short sessions over 3-4 days, I'd say maybe 4 hours of real work, but I'm really satisfied of how it worked out :) I've written some zombie songs in English before so I felt like this competition is made for me :D God this wait is killing me :D good luck everybody, for the second time

I wrote my piece and then I also recorded an audio version of it. I am a spoken word poet, so that's where my real strength lies. Hopefully it translates well over the page!

My Zombie Poem

BTW e-mail me if i win
@ [email protected]

Zombie Apocalypse
In the future
We will need
Rules to guide
Us, rules to
Help us survive
The zombie apocalypse
That will eventually
End our lives.
Count every rule,
Count every word
In every rule,
And count them
Again, for you
Cannot forget anything
In the world
Of the zombies,
In this haunted
Land you live
In, this land
You can never
Hope to leave,
Can never leave.
You must follow
Your rules as
You followed the
Rule not to
Hurt anything, not
To touch that
Certain set of
Crystal set on
The table, as
You never entered
That room your
Parents forbade you
To enter, because
Only perfection will
Save you from
The zombies, and
Perfection is hard
To come by
In the land
Of the zombies.
And the zombies
Will follow you
Even before they
Know you exist,
Because they will
Follow your heart,
Because they will
Follow your heartbeat,
Because they will
Follow your blood.
And when the
Zombies find you
They will run
To your warmth,
They will gather
Speed as you
Gather your rules
Around you, they
Will rush towards
You, breathless, because
They want to
Puncture the taut
Drumhead that is
Your skin, they
Want to chew
Through your stringy
Tendons, they need
To eat the
Red and pulsing
Muscles of your
Arms, your calves,
Even the sweet
Spongy folds of
Your brain, because
They are hungry
For you and
Only you, because
They can’t tell
That anyone else
Exists, they cannot
Feel the breeze,
The light blue
Breeze of the
Afternoon or the
Sun on their
Backs, they cannot
Hear the rustling
Of water through
The nearby woods,
They cannot feel
The heat radiating
From the roadbed.
All they know
Is hunger, and
All they know
Is you are
The end of
Their burning hunger,
So you will
Die, eventually, sometime
In the future,
When zombies rule
The earth, when
The first rule
Is to survive,
When the only
Rule you are
Sure to break
Is to survive
Because there is
Only one of
You, and there
Are thousands of
Them, and they
Will come for
You because you
Will be the
Only warmth they
Can feel, the
Only liquid they
Can hear, the
Only being they
Can ever want,
And they will
Swarm the planet
Looking for you,
They will move
towards you like
Locusts, and you
Will eventually die
In a land
You no longer
Recognize in a
Time that hasn’t
Yet begun, sometime
In the future.
-Hellspawn1255

YOU%27RE_WINNER_trophy.jpg

That's one hefty poem, all you need to win now is a time machine.

I just noticed this thread. It's a scam! Last time I entered a competition on hl2.net Chris D stole the prizes! (or so we're told)

Nearly four months later and we still haven't picked the winners! It looks like that is about to change!

It's widely recognised that HL2.net competitions are just scams to steal peoples intellectual property.

I think that he should win something for the effort. Seriously.

In fact, I have spare copies of Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky, if he wants those.

Sorry your entry was slightly too late. We have a big competition coming up for easter though. S'gonna be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back