Winamp Application Error

BlindTelepath

Reaction score
I just updated Winamp from 5.04 (which had the error as well) to 5.09 and I'm still getting the following error, any help you can offer would be awesome. (Image attached.)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 127
BlindTelepath said:
I just updated Winamp from 5.04 (which had the error as well) to 5.09 and I'm still getting the following error, any help you can offer would be awesome. (Image attached.)

I'd reinstall if I were you.
If that doesn't work you might have to redownload. If that still doesn't work I'd revert back to the old version.

Not that I use winamp, but I've had similar error messages for other downloaded programs before, I think it's a faulty download from the site.

The problem is that the old version gives the error too - I've reDLed and reinstalled, but the problem is universal to Winamp for some reason (though nothing else seems affected).

I recognize that write error. If you use a plugin which has options in it, and you try and alter some, you will get that error because it can't write to the .txt or .cfg. At least I got that or a similar error when I tried to change a plugin's font size.
I think it requires the plugin creator to fix it...
If this makes no sense.... then I have no clue.

PunisherUSA said:
I recognize that write error. If you use a plugin which has options in it, and you try and alter some, you will get that error because it can't write to the .txt or .cfg. At least I got that or a similar error when I tried to change a plugin's font size.
I think it requires the plugin creator to fix it...
If this makes no sense.... then I have no clue.
Nope, no plugins here (that I remember installing), especially after I deleted my WA folder to reinstall.

Alrighty, since no one has any ideas, does anyone know any free media players out there that work as well? WMP doesn't even work for me. :(

Quintessential Player is quite similar to winamp is very good! Lots of plugins and skins for it too. I use it all the time now since I got so fed up with WMP always crashing. You can find it at http://www.quinnware.com/

EDIT: Forgot to mention something, its free!

That's exactly what I was thinking of, thanks! (Knew it started with Q, or thought I did... didn't want to go talking about some "Q player" no one knew about.)

Back