Windows Update Question

Azrael.

Reaction score
Alright, I have a question. I just built my new comp (Athalon 3800+, ABIT AV8 mobo, gig of Corsair, 9600 XT, etc). I finally got everything up and running, and my friend chose for Windows to automatically update then he went to the Microsoft website and manually did it. I got some mad crashing. I tried to reinstall Windows, but I ended up having to format the disk. After I did that, I installed the mobo drivers, and went and did windows update manually, but I did not choose all the choices (I left out some outlook fixes, etc). Will that be a big deal? I was in such a hurry because I was a half hour late to work, so I did it in somewhat of a rush. I'm thinking I can just rescan and look and see if I didn't get a certain critical update, but I was just curious...

Any updates you chose not to install will still show up on the list, if that's what you are asking.

well, i just installed the xp updates, and tried to do the catalysts... I am SURE i have the right version (4.7 for a 9600 XT) and now everything is crashing... I dont think that after the format windows recognized the vid card... Wow, I hate my life and this computer. I can't explain my frustration and utter rage...

I know, I always seem to have at least one problem when installing new hardware. Nothing ever goes too smoothly. Maybe you should get a professional to look at it.

for some reason i cant even update my windows thru their website. its says i dont have windows and im runnign xp pro :LOL:

snak3y3z1001 said:
for some reason i cant even update my windows thru their website. its says i dont have windows and im runnign xp pro :LOL:

pirated copy?

Back