[WiP] de_whisper css map

johnmedz

Reaction score
This is my first map im planning on completing but I would like some feedback and constructive criticism before I get too involved in the map. Any help would be appreciated or ideas. check the screens below

Here's a tip for the indoors. I'm not sure but it seems like you used the Light entity instead of the Light_spot entity on indoors lights. If you make the lights more directional and slightly darker the indoors will look alot better.

ya i know... i just hadnt added fixtures yet... again, im nowhere near done but I was wondering if the theme would work

Theme.... What is it exactly lol. Looks like just a bunch of warehouses?

lol. Im still working on a theme. This is only about 6 hours in so I'm just looking for where to go with it, mainly if it should be a counter strike source map or hl2dm map... such decisions!!!!!

GOD DAMN i like the name of the map tho. I wnated to make a sniper map, and fy_whisper sounds sick. Whisper good name for a sniper map.

Your map is shaping up very nicely, i like the ambience look of it.. By the way in your fourth screen shot, how did you get those mossy vines to hang off your roof? i cant only use the decal or overlay tool to use vines etc.. is yours a sprite? and if so how did you do it?

also do you know how to make sprite grass?

no the moss is a model in the prop_foliage directory. :)

just use a blend texture, one with an alpha channel. just search "blend" in the texture browser to find one. The grass should be included on the texture when u compile.

Back