[WIP] dmfun_scrapyard

switch

Tank
Reaction score
This map is in its VERY early stages, just came up with the idea yesterday after messing about creating a few phys_ maps.

The aim of it is sort of a multiplayer JBmod done as a HL2DM map.

It will probably end up either like the TV program Scrapheap Challenge (or Junkyard Wars as the Americans call it) or more towards the game Carmageddon.

There are two sides, the Restance and the Combine. Each have access to a vehicle and lots of parts. You weld the parts (anything from thrusters to engines to chairs to pods to weapons ect) on by using magnets which can only be switched off as a whole atm (not individually yet). Then you race them around a specially made track.

Here are some pics to stop you getting bored of my rambling.

dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20001.jpg

dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20002.jpg

Magnets:
dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20003.jpg

Very uncomplete surroundings:
dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20004.jpg

A very quickly made track and jump (will be redesigned dont worry)
dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20005.jpg

Adding stuff to my jeep (some canisters at the back to add thrust when set off)
dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20006.jpg

dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20007.jpg

Running over people
dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20008.jpg

dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20011.jpg

The map is full of bugs at the moment and I have just thrown in a crappy track and a jump, but I want to release what I have done so far for two reasons:

1)Find out what sort of vehicles people make so I can design a track around them. So please show screens of vehicles you have made

2)To find out what materials people want adding or more of the current ones to add to their car.

I also have a question about the magnets. Whats the best way to get a button to stay with a specific magnet so it can be turned off by just "using" the magnet but follows it as i attach the magnets to things. If i parent the button to the magnet it just lags behind and causes problems. I

Ok time to go to bed as its 4am :/
Download the early alpha version and make some vehicles
dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_2-switch.zip (1.2MB)

Fake edit: Getting distracted by a HL2 review on TV :eek: (CYBERNET)

OMFG!!!! Thats the best car EVER!!!! can't wait to drive it!!! :thumbs:

Cuban4Hire said:
OMFG!!!! Thats the best car EVER!!!! can't wait to drive it!!! :thumbs:
You will have to make it yourself :p (not that hard)

Should be lots of other variations aswell, cant wait to see what other people come up with :)

yeah i just made one...but everything stuck together and messed up. Then it froze up HL :) it'll be good i think once you fix the bugs. great idea however!!

Has anyone else modded any vehicles with this map yet?

Here is another I made

dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20020.jpg

dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20018.jpg

EDIT: Did i mention a flying jeep?
dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20026.jpg

dmfun_scrapyard_alpha_20027.jpg

Back