WIP: M3A1 Tank for 1944: D-Day

looks good, but a bit Low-Poly, but thats good so you get good framerates, i always tend to make stuff to high poly so i cant import it to games.

Im sure its going to be a great model!

M3 Sux (Models Good though :p).. :(..What about the Churchill AVRE? , The Crocodile? , The Sherman DD? , The DUKW?!

Dunno. The blueprint was scanned from the book.

Dunno mate, some encyclopedia I quess. It was scanned by some researcher in the team.

i think the reference mindless has is for a newer tank...since this is a ww2 mod im assuming the tank is an m1 sherman tank that pic is wat i think is a m1a1 tank introduced around the time of desert storm i could be wrong but just w/e.

thats exaclty what i was thinkin y would they be givin him modern day tanks?

he was giving it to me. and i just wanted a tank not neccercerily a ww2 tank. i want to model a tank.

i was just trying to match dodo's sugestion with a better ref. i realise that it isnt a ww2 tank.

hERd said:

Cool, i have MAX7, because my school uses 7 so i cant use 8 :(

As the other dude, asked, whats the poly count? Are you gona add materials urself to it?

Ravioli said:
Cool, i have MAX7, because my school uses 7 so i cant use 8 :(

As the other dude, asked, whats the poly count? Are you gona add materials urself to it?
max 8 is backwards compatible i.e you can still open the maxfiles from school at home . however max 7 will not recognise max 8 .max scenes but if its only the max7-max8 recognition thats stopping you there is no need to worry.

Ehm, its high a bit now =) Its aroudn 20 000 =)) But i gonna reduce it to 10 000, cos its the target polycount.

did you use boolean cuts by any chance? i like the amount of detail you have there it would be a shame to have to make drastic changes to it.. if you used boolean cuts you could probably shave off a bit of the poly count by doing the subtraction manually. also the cyllinders are really smooth ... i would approach those 2 areas before optimising any of the other detailed pieces. just a tip.
edit: ermm....YAY !!!!!!!

I never use bolens cos they suck. The model is unoptimized, there many unseen polys that could be deleted + many vertixels could be welden as well.

booleens ahhhhh!!!! booleens scare me more than um something really scary.

looks great, even though its low poly, bumpmapping can take care of the rest right?

It will be 10 000 tris, so its lowpoly for next gen games.

Back