WIP: Socom 45

G

yep, it's that time again. a new model. I'd say about 70% done.

I'm too lazy to make super good looking reflecting shiny renders so meh.

Attachments

• socomusp.jpg
    socomusp.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 433
me likes..ad a little of detail to it and a good texture, and it will be da mint... the barrel looks kinda empty, but a textura dn a little more details, should fix it! :)

it looks short, but that might jsut be the render. Looks great foir a 70%, hope to see a bit more detail for the final :)

Looks more like 50% done to me. With such great reference pics of the USP on the net there's not much excuse for things being as off as they are. The sights are way off(size), the trigger guard needs work, The indentation near the bottom of the grip is too big, the grip itself looks not long enough. At 70% I would think all the major parts would be be in proportion etc... right now it looks more like a spoof of a USP. Keep working on what you have before you try to add detail.

Here's the site I used to compare your model to pics: http://www.hkpro.com/usp45.htm

It looks well modelled, except not very well referenced. The proportions are extremely off. It looks more like a USP Compact than a Mk23, and it's very fat. Also, the slide should be shaped more like this:
Code:
  ____
 /    \
|      |
|      |

A lot of the shapes are completely incorret. Try looking at some more references. There are lots of other things to correct, but I'm late for a lesson. I'll talk to you later.

Actually it is a USP Compact. but on some of the things not being shaped right, I kinda gave up using the reference less than half way through, why? I dont know really. I'm probably going to start over.

Ahh well next time keep your refs hehe :) And starting over isn't a bad thing, every model you do, even the bad ones, make you a better modeler.

On a side note, Ankalar, any chance we can get you to do a firearm skinning tutorial or even mini-tutorial??? I just finally checked your gallery, man I love the browning skin you did :D.

need a bit of a bigger picture tbh. From what I can see it looks alright. Nothing special.

^^ Agreed, a larger shot would help with the feedback. Try to let it fill up the frame a little more. Aside from the comments already made, it looks pretty good.

It looks really hard to hold that one. grip is so wide only a person named Tyrone could fit it in his hand

Originally posted by Fonk
It looks really hard to hold that one. grip is so wide only a person named Tyrone could fit it in his hand

Agreed. Itlooks like the trigger is a little wide as well.

Back