Wip:usp

Psycho[BE]

Reaction score
this is the latest model i've been working on just wanted some comment, its about 2700 faces.don't know if its to much or not, i just wanted to have much detail its not made to convert into hl2.

usp.jpg

usp3.jpg

boogymanx kunt gij misschien goed texturen? want ik suck echt als het op texturen aankomt.

i dont know that gun but it looks like the trigger gaurd is too thick?

Psycho[BE] said:
boogymanx kunt gij misschien goed texturen? want ik suck echt als het op texturen aankomt.
Nah sorry, can't help you, I'm not a modder\modeller\artist or whatever.

oh yeah thats alright then. well lookign at the picture theres some detail near the front sight u missed. also some of the edges look smooth on the picture for instance the handle. maybe you could try beveling it and seeing how it looks

i just started making this gun....now i dont know if i want to make it. :| good model by the way. oph and just to let u know. that grip near the end of the gun isnt that deep. those engraving things. its also more spaced out i believe.

the handle looks akwardly smoothed and missing some detail at the bottom(although it could be textured onto it some of it would look better modeled),also for 2700 polys?or tris?, i assume you mean tris, that is not a lot of detail.

ur uhhh barrel doesnt needed to actually be a barrel. u coulda left it a cylinder. cut down some polygons right there.

well u can have the detailed groove if ur poly count stays low. :) i just finished my usp and its only 1770 poly. it has the grooves and everything. except there just one problem right now. it might be my renderer. hey mindless when u see this can u go on msn? i need to show u something(and hopefully u can help me fix it). :D

it looks good, but it's pretty wasteful, triangle wise. Think about the view the player is going to see of the the gun. He's not going to see down the barrel, he's not going to see into the slide, he's not going to see the slide rail.

Also, that magazine looks odd. I don't think the USP uses single stack mags. I might be wrong tho.

Think about the view the player is going to see of the the gun. He's not going to see down the barrel, he's not going to see into the slide, he's not going to see the slide rail

then who is going to complain about the mag???

Psycho[BE] said:
then who is going to complain about the mag???
I assume he'll have to reload the gun at some point, at which the magazine will be visable.

yes offcourse, but you just see it for a second so you don't need much detail on that

Back