With a Sept 30 release, shouldn't there be a flood of new media?

I still want it on the 30th too, LOL, but I don't think it's gonna make it. Unfortunately, none of us know the truth when we should concerning a game that's "supposed" to come out in 7 days. Just doesn't make much sense. I just got tired of the suspense...

I just can't do that. I'm not in denial, but there is no proof that it will be delayed....really, there isn't.

Originally posted by Jones`
strange how he 'forgot' such an important piece of info
Methinks he likes the media attention he got so he made the week before thing up.
Methinks you're just rude. He's not an attention whore. Spit's a respectable person. And that opinion of mine was formed way before his trip.
You, on t'other hand... Well you're just rude.

You're right there is no proof, but all this lack of information does lend itself to the possibility of a delay. Really, almost all the officail proof points to next week, but seems like there's so much that we're not being told then.

As posted by k956764. The steam status page is showing all content servers 'down'. Steam seems to be working ok. Is there something going on we should know about.

The only reason none of you guys heard about Hl1 is because you weren't really hardcore and you didn't read the mags.

Every single magazine had a plethora of HL1 articles, praising the shit out of it. Screenshots were everywhere, info abounded. We all knew about the marines and the enemies and the different enviornments. Mags knew everything and HL1 was everywhere.

You can't compare this scenario to that one, they are completely different.

now i see why everyone is in denial

abom keeps closing any thread based on HL2 being delayed....

The reason Delay Threads are closed is because:
1. They clog up the forum
2. The incite flame-wars
3. They are almost without exception based upon unsubstantiated evidence or no evidence at all, merely people's opinions.
It was the exact same situation with all those bloody HL2>Doom3 threads and so they all got closed, no questions asked. It's not denial, it's for the sake of sanity.

Everyone who posted in the thread are examples of why Valve doesn't need to release a single shred of new info about HL2. Come release day, you wont forget about HL2. And trust me, the level of enthusiasm in here is monstrous.

Originally posted by Sauerkraut
they want to surprise us

ROFL

Yeah, they wanna surprise us alright..... wanna surprise as in it's not coming out on the 30th... everyone, say what you will, but I very much doubt it'll be in the shops for the 30th sept now and I cant see it coming out on steam on the 30th or before either (steam is not stable enough just yet but it is improving.)

I've got a feeling that it'll be out after the 30th or in gabes words "when it's done!" :)

Back