wooo guns!

Wow, that is damn sweet.

Also, please any anti-gun people say outa the thread and bum everyone out with your horror stories of why guns are the devil.

Tredoslop said:
No wonder the German's lost.
when you look at how quick the thompson fires its no wonder. the mp40 is sweet though.

I'm amazed with the MP40 and StG. :D

Just wow, someone should post this on the Day of Defeat forums.

why is it no wonder the germans lost? they had some of the best weapons of WWII.

I want a thompson so badly. Yeah the Germans had good guns. But so did the Americans. The Germans had the MG42 which they still use today. The Americans have the 50 cal which they also still use today. Both very good guns.

Heh, the germans didnt lose because of their guns, they were just overwhelmed with bigger forces.

Yep. Its too bad Hitler did'nt see a blanket of Russian resistance in Armee Gruppe Centers thrust, otherwise, he would've known what was coming for him at Stalingrad.

Well, lightly knew.

Heh, .30 Calibre's and MG34's, I happen to love so much! But the MG42...its milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

Damn american gun freaks :p...haha whats up with the music in the second video..i expected some rock music and i hear Pet shop boys! ROFL...rednecks..

That .50 cal rifle at the end of vid 1 is INSANE.

Also, the big lead we had over the Germans was the Garand.

The recoil on the end of the .50 cal was nuts heh. It was an ok video, only cus im a dod fan, im not a gun buff, but it was interesting seeing those guns in real life.

Germans lost because Hitler focused on Russia instead of you Brits.
If he had Invaded England, then focused his forces on Russia, the war would have lasted 5 years longer.
He made the same mistake as Napoleon.

argh, I like guns in games, but guns in real life make me cringe. still sorta cool.

My old man lived during the after war.
He found a lot of guns, mines, grenades.
He used to detonate grenades with his friends, once he found Brit SMG, he went with his grandpa Duck hunting with it.

Guns in real life dont bother me. Guns in the hands of people that want to take lifes, however, do.

:p

the big lead we had

This much is true. But you have to remember, very rarely was it ever used in a semi-automatic fashion. The recoil was arse, especially from the round. Then you have to consider the Smart Jerry, were he'd wait for your clip to pop before he rushed you.

That got to front very quickly. :D

But, its better then the K43! Hit someone with the butt of your gun, and it wont fire. Period.

K e r b e r o s said:
Guns in real life dont bother me. Guns in the hands of people that want to take lifes, however, do.

:p

This much is true. But you have to remember, very rarely was it ever used in a semi-automatic fashion. The recoil was arse, especially from the round. Then you have to consider the Smart Jerry, were he'd wait for your clip to pop before he rushed you.

That got to front very quickly. :D

But, its better then the K43! Hit someone with the butt of your gun, and it wont fire. Period.

Are you talking about the M1? GIs would throw down an empty clip to make the ping sound to get the germans to come out too, so using any tactic off the ping sound is pointless.

Now imagine that times about 200, and half the bullets going the other way...and I suspect you have something not nearly as bad as what it must have been like in real life :O

Oh, and no protective glasses or headphones.

Still, it must be fund standing just shooting the crap out of stuff :D No, that isn't sarcasm.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Now imagine that times about 200, and half the bullets going the other way...and I suspect you have something not nearly as bad as what it must have been like in real life :O

Oh, and no protective glasses or headphones.

Still, it must be fund standing just shooting the crap out of stuff :D No, that isn't sarcasm.
Shooting crap is lots of fun...although I have never really shot anything with a gun...just a slingshot.

Shooting pebbles at passing cars with a joey gun is oodles of fun.

Writing apology letters to your accomplice's mother's friend for denting up her car is not.

Bad^Hat said:
Shooting pebbles at passing cars with a joey gun is oodles of fun.

Writing apology letters to your accomplice's mother's friend for denting up her car is not.

And thats why me and my friend used a water gun...a powerul water gun. :D

Actually, I'm reminded of the last winter, where I threw a snowball at a passing van. Now....the window was open, and the snowball hit the forehead of the passenger. Twas funny indeed...in fact they laughed about it after they felt they had scared me enough by nearly running me over.

Another time we were sitting in a tree with water balloons hoping to catch someone with their sunroof open.

The advantage the Americans had in world war II was in the skies. A P-47 had eight 50 cal machine guns. Or how about those B-17s.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Actually, I'm reminded of the last winter, where I threw a snowball at a passing van. Now....the window was open, and the snowball hit the forehead of the passenger. Twas funny indeed...in fact they laughed about it after they felt they had scared me enough by nearly running me over.

LOL.

Snow rules :D I can remember at school when i threw a slushball (it was snow till it rained) a long way hoping to hit my brother who was in year 11 so was the big boys of school and it did hit him..right in between the eyes :LOL: Ive never been beaten so badly of him and his mates in my life!.

Although you can have more fun with fireworks :p especially the 20 for £3 ones that you get a little black stick your sposed to stick in the ground, instead i used to use it to aim the firework at moving cars from on top a bridge. Stupid i know, but at the time it was funny and i was young and didn't care tbh ;)

On topic, them guns look fast and fun.

Back