Worried about my computer running HL2

hey guys, ive this computer:

AMD AThlon XP 2ghz+
512mb RAM DDR 333
ATI RADEON 8500 64mb DDR
MSI KT3 Ultra (VIA KT333 Chipset Based)

I think is good computer, and my ATI really good graphic card, what do u guys think will run HL2 ?

I think for good playable settings youd need a 1.2 ghz atleast 384 megs of ram and a geforce 3 level graphics, although im not sure at all :p

currently i got a xp2100+ and a ti4200 overclocked.

i shall be upgrading to:

A64/Opteron
nforce3/4 mobo or similar
512mb ram in two stick if proccessor/mobo support the dual ddr.
rad 9800 AIW or 9700 AIW.

and i will get the x86-64 version of HL2 if its released at the same time as i can get hold of the normal version.

Kam

my PC would have been fine, 1800+ with 512mb ram an 9700pro, but mobo had to go and break, the ram controller is screwed an will only work with 128mbs of ram at some weird mhz (Around 1152 or summin) so i will have to get new stuff, what a shame :cheese:

:borg: I thought they said it wouldn't take much at all for the minimum, buyt im sure the mininmum looks like crap...maybe someone could make a mod of the origingal with the storyline and wepons of HL 2.
Well, i think my families main computer will run it:
Pentium 4 processor 2.53 GHZ
80 gig hard drive
Gforce 4 ti 4200 64 meg
512 mb RAM
dk what the motherboard is, but it works well, plus a whole lot of other stuff like above, so im fine here, but i think I'm going to get it for Xbox, it has slightly better graphics by smoothing things out, and with Xbox live for multiplayer, thats the best way for me to go.
:borg:

Originally posted by Cleric
my PC would have been fine, 1800+ with 512mb ram an 9700pro, but mobo had to go and break, the ram controller is screwed an will only work with 128mbs of ram at some weird mhz (Around 1152 or summin) so i will have to get new stuff, what a shame :cheese:

Same thing hapenned to my old Mobo, my Ram slots werent functioning so i could only use one ram slot, what a shame

dk what the motherboard is, but it works well, plus a whole lot of other stuff like above, so im fine here, but i think I'm going to get it for Xbox, it has slightly better graphics by smoothing things out, and with Xbox live for multiplayer, thats the best way for me to go.
:borg: [/B][/QUOTE]

xbox is for kids, or those who dont know what is inside of their PC case :dozey:

Back