Worst intro to a HL game ever?

I personally loved the bit where Dr Breen's face on the monitor comes spinning into view. I stopped liking it almost immediately afterwards when we raced straight up the side of the citadel.

Vorts were cool though.

I would probably say that the Op4 intro was the worst, just because nothing really new was revealed (Offcourse you saw the cliff from surface tension at a different angle) and a few sci's giving you incites about Headcrabs

Blueshift was probably the worst for being cliche, but as if gives you an oppurtunity to see more of the facility, I'm giving it second to worse.

HL2 broke out of the linearity by cutting the train journey far more shorter

Vorts looked slightly fake to me, actually. Was almost dissappointed.

Blueshift was probably the worst for being cliche, but as if gives you an oppurtunity to see more of the facility, I'm giving it second to worse.
You don't think there was something at least overly cartoon-like about the cheesetastic Blue Shift tram ride? It made me think that the administrator was in his office, stroking his cat villainously.

... in Half-Life, nothing looks fake. Have you not noticed?

I mean, when playing Half-Life, you generally get too absorbed in the gameplay to be aware of how fake things look. You only ever notice when you gasp and go "Wow! Valve did that?"

I mean, when playing Half-Life, you generally get too absorbed in the gameplay to be aware of how fake things look. You only ever notice when you gasp and go "Wow! Valve did that?"
I only ever notice I'm back in reality when I feel the blood pooling around my toes. Hiding the bodies wouldn't be a problem if I was playing Thief.

Operational said:
You are in a helicopter. It crashes. Its nothing compared to the opening of Half-Life.

Half Life - Your in a tram, it takes a long time. You get off.

I wasn't crazy about the ep2 opening either, let alone Alyx (but I'm starting to get over her), but it was all made up for when I got out and marvelled at the lovely scenery. It took me minutes to leave that place.

Back