Would you be mad if HL2 has no stand-alone MP?

darth valium they then announced that it was CS:S . Yes thats the big "surprise". Altho at the time i was hoping it was going to be CS2.

ukfluke said:
gorgon prepare to be angry. altho u have no reason to be valve have always said cs:s is the mp. why do u people expect something thats only in ur imagination? Show me a link to valve saying there will be another hl2 mp? it doesnt exist!!

I agree with ya, but its not logical for valve after all these years to deliver hl2 SP mod only. I mean, look at all games, They all have their own MPs mod, why not HL2 ? :stare:

I would be annoyed, because there would be so much wasted potential with what Valve could do with all of the single-player content. I'd be suprised if they didn't even just after deathmatch; hell, even Doom 3 had deathmatch.

KagePrototype said:
I would be annoyed, because there would be so much wasted potential with what Valve could do with all of the single-player content. I'd be suprised if they didn't even just after deathmatch; hell, even Doom 3 had deathmatch.

Hmm lets see.

Doom 3 has singeplayer and a very basic multiplayer deathmatch.

Half-Life 2 has singeplayer and CS:S deathmatch.

I think HL2 wins here regarding multiplayer, easily.
CS:S is a fine multiplayer, better than what you get with most games. Sure, I agree with most that it's wasted potential to not have HL2 themed mp, but it's not like Valve took the easy way out and slammed in a 16 player deathmatch.

PvtRyan said:
Hmm lets see.

Doom 3 has singeplayer and a very basic multiplayer deathmatch.

Half-Life 2 has singeplayer and CS:S deathmatch.

I think HL2 wins here regarding multiplayer, easily.
CS:S is a fine multiplayer, better than what you get with most games. Sure, I agree with most that it's wasted potential to not have HL2 themed mp, but it's not like Valve took the easy way out and slammed in a 16 player deathmatch.

I'd greatly prefer a hl2-themed deathmatch, than a Counter-Strike re-make. I already have Counter-Strike, and have no desire for it to look better, or have physics or anything, because it's fun enough the way it is. What I WOULD like is to have a multiplyer where I can run around with a manipulator throwing objects at other players. Saying "CS:S is a fine multiplayer" is subjective, and I simply don't share that view with you. if CS:S is the hl2 mp, I can't help but think what could have been. I just can't see how Valve could have jumped all of that potential; it's just ludicrous thinking. They have all of this wasted potential, and instead resorted to remaking a game that came out years ago and is already an established multiplayer game (emphasis on "game", not mod or multiplayer mode). I can see the commercial pluses to do something like that, but it just makes my head roll from a gamer's perspective.

It's like taking Quake 3 Arena and re-making it into the multiplayer of Doom 3. It just doesn't make sense because the game worlds, weapons etc. are so unrelated.

I don't know why some people have the idea in their head that the only multiplayer in hl2 will be CS: Source. Think about, valve has been developing this game for 6 years, developed a fantastic game engine, what looks to be a very fine single player experience, cool physics, story, blah blah blah, why the hell would they decide to go lazy on the mp?

Even if its just DM and CTF its going to be something.

FortisVir said:
I don't know why some people have the idea in their head that the only multiplayer in hl2 will be CS: Source. Think about, valve has been developing this game for 6 years, developed a fantastic game engine, what looks to be a very fine single player experience, cool physics, story, blah blah blah, why the hell would they decide to go lazy on the mp?

Even if its just DM and CTF its going to be something.

We looove CTF, and anything else that would be in an HL2 MP.

I would be kind of disapointed..But..there will be a million mods.

Back