Would you like to have bunny hop and/or conc jumping in TF2?

Would you like to have bunny hop and/or conc jumping in TF2?

• Neither.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • Bunnyhop yes, conc jumping no.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Conc jumping yes, bunnyhop no.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • Both.

Votes: 63 51.6%

• Total voters
So basically it's an easier version of the counterstrike bunnyhop. Pity but alright.

Originally bunny hop was the same in CS and TFC, currently I think it isn't possible at all in CS, unless a server plugin implements it.

It's possible in source, I know that. 1.6 is a lot harder though (near to impossible).

I'm not sure that bunnyhopping requires that much skill anyway. Valve had just put in that patch which slowed bunnyhopping down after a certain speed when I started playing online, so I never found much use for it, but recently I installed my old Half-Life from CD, along with one of the older patches to try my hand at bunnyhopping.

The apparently ineffective technique I'd been using in the later patches suddenly had me zooming around the map, quite easily going around corners and never slowing down. If a simple tutorial was included on the main menu for new players, they could quite easily learn to bunnyhop and conc-jump, making for less of a division between them and experienced players in terms of movement. Considering the common tendency of players who know how to do these things to reply with the most condescending tones to anyone who asks how it's done, a tutorial might help to not put newbies off, too.

So basically it's an easier version of the counterstrike bunnyhop. Pity but alright.

i think you are confusing bunnyhopping with strafejumping ...
bunny -> "curved" movement with inair turnspeed
strafe -> "S"-like movement with only very little inair turnspeed

additionally, in quake, tfc, hldm, q3-cpm and thelikes, you have to press ONLY the strafekey to bunnyhop. while in q2, vq3, q4 and thelikes, you press the strafekey AND forward.

bleh

I know that, was that worth bumping the thread?

Well anyway I love the vq3 movement.

Back