Would you play a physics only MP deathmatch?

pvtlon

Reaction score
What do you guys think of a multiplayer that consists only of manipulator guns and objects like barrels and rocks and other heavy things? I think it would be funny to try to dodge a volley of barrels flying at you.

i think it will be better then dm with guns ;)

pvtlon said:
What do you guys think of a multiplayer that consists only of manipulator guns and objects like barrels and rocks and other heavy things? I think it would be funny to try to dodge a volley of barrels flying at you.

I think 9 out of every 10 new mods are focusing on something like that. ;)

Sounds like a game with a future.

Throwing rocks and barrels at each other sounds like months, if not years of longevity.

Dodgeball, and you can even allow handguns!

pvtlon said:

heh would be fun actually.

lol urseus lol!!! :LOL:

pvtlon i'm sure your idea would be extremely fun for 30 minutes. Eventually people would need more incentive to keep playing.

Man cannot live on physics alone.

I'd play it. Would be fun to fling stuff at each other. :D

dangerousdarrin said:
I'd rather have it in a mod then the real game...

Yes, of course. In the real game I want guns. Lots of guns.

:monkee:

CrazyHarij said:
Yes, of course. In the real game I want guns. Lots of guns.
Matrix rip-off ;)

Sounds like a fairly interesting idea :E That's what I missed about the Korean CS:S movies... No one appeared to try to kill anyone with the physics...

Yeah, it would be fun for a while...but as many here has already said, we need guns.

spychics only huh.. sounds like a great idea.. :)

the postal service - Nothing Better

EVIL said:
spychics only huh.. sounds like a great idea.. :)

the postal service - Nothing Better

Who could say no to SpyChics?

Six Three said:
Who could say no to SpyChics?

True dat. :naughty:

On topic, we used to have alot of fun ideas like this back in the good days, for instance huge junkyards where you're supposed to build a tower and stuff like that.

I think it'd be absolutely hilarious fun. Also, it'd teach people how to use physics to their own advantage in the single player version, and vice versa. I love that the physics aren't a gimmick, they're actually central to the game, the combat and how combat in games will evolve. I couldn't get over how much the players used the Manipulator in the E3 vids - sometimes it seemed like a knee-jerk reaction, as natural as strafing...

It would get pretty boring with ONLY the manip.

lets do that again shall we:

"physics only huh.. sounds like a great idea..

the postal service - Nothing Better"

This physic stuff and how much it affects the gameplay in HL2 will probably be the biggest revolution with the game.

Vanilla Ice - Ice, Ice, Baby

Haha! A dodgeball mod sounds like a ton of fun. HL2 is gonna be so great, because before a mod had to be full of great graphics, somewhat complex (not really) gameplay, and lots of guns and stuff to catch on. Now, mods can take advantage of the physics to create simple mods that are so much fun. Puzzlebased mods, mods that take advantage of physics for weapons, etc... sounds like a blast!

Edit: By "great" graphics I mean, polished... HL in no way was great graphically. Usually the mods with good solid artwork caught on more.

thefiznut said:
Haha! A dodgeball mod sounds like a ton of fun. HL2 is gonna be so great, because before a mod had to be full of great graphics, somewhat complex (not really) gameplay, and lots of guns and stuff to catch on. Now, mods can take advantage of the physics to create simple mods that are so much fun. Puzzlebased mods, mods that take advantage of physics for weapons, etc... sounds like a blast!

Edit: By "great" graphics I mean, polished... HL in no way was great graphically. Usually the mods with good solid artwork caught on more.

Mmm.. Dodgeball would be pwnage :afro:

you could even kill someone by throwing your empty gun at him :D

Does anyone know will the manipulator be able to pickup cars while your driving it/

not likely.. and it has a upgradable weight limit.. so ahhwell I don't know

would be pretty funny propelling yourself towards a player :p

Hey, I already "copyrighted" this ;)

And the manipulator can pick up anything the source engine tells it to pick up - it shouldn't be too difficult to mod that, unless they have a seperate flag for "able to be picked up by manipulator", which would be stupid. IIRC, the physics system assigns a weight based on material and volume, so I should just have to change the weight capacity of the manipulator.

OMG BAN!

j/k, everyone makes mistakes :p

Good info there, still.

Back