Wouldn't you like a minigame to play while you're in spec mode?

C

coolgangsta24

I'd like to play tetris or pong, just something to relive the boredom...

I think it would be a cool addition to a future version of cs:s and it could happen...

Great idea!!!

It is VERY booring watching two people camp at the oppisite spawn for hours on end

It'd be nice, but then people would moan that the mini-games are boring, or their graphics suck or something.

Simple solution... don't die!

oh gnome, camper heaven.

no, I think that there should be a small room with some guns you're transported into and you can fight other players. Maybe get like $20 a kill.

u know, just a lil room with some CCTV cameras to watch the action, maybe some dynamic switches where u could turn off/on lights on the map, some pool, a target range.

What would be great would be a nice target range that would give u data on ur shots, some switches to move it to different distances, and a CCTV camera to give a closeup on the target. Also different weapons to shoot it with.

I tink it would be easy to do, as players are already replaced with ragdolls, so instead of them becoming specs, they just go to another off map room.

If you really think about it, though, all of this actually detracts from the gameplay and focus.

Yea... we don't wait long... mostly 3 minutes or lower (if you don't royally suck). If wanna see waiting, play AA.

lol, god I hated that. I'd die early all the time because I have no patience, and then I'd wait like ten minutes for that last idiot sniper to get killed.

u no what would be funny if some ppl jsut died on purpose just to get to play the mini game

I was turned of AA for exactly that reason. I had no patience whasoever to wait like 8 minutes for my team to finish up. And I mean people sat in rooms for like 6 minutes straight staring at a door. I have patience but wasting 10% of an hour staring at a door seems to be kind of excessive.

i thought about adding pong to rainbow six 3 about a year ago, too bad nobody ever does it.

If you added any kind of mini games people would complain about low fps... i think and also servers would have to be updated and stuff with extra charges... and yeah a good idea but comon your only waiting for like 3 minutes! i just go for a piss or eat or something.

maybe thats why im so fat....... :hmph:

-Najica

it would be cool to have a pac man variant. I can see it now. CTS are the ghosts and the T has to get all the bombs lol

tabbing out of source games causes GRAPHICAL ANOMALIES!!!

I think a spectator tv room would be cool. One monitor for each person with heartbeats and stuff like the Alien movies. Then when people die their screen goes static and they flatline. It wouldn't offer much more than the current spectator mode but it'd be pretty atmospheric.

FictiousWill said:
Access to the buy menu for the next round would be nice.

Nah you don't know how many money you will have in the new round. It depends on your team.

and have the new round interrupting your pong game?

I wish you could challenge another player to a 1vs1 fight while dead. Of course people would probably like it so much they would likely suicide. It would also be cool to get the option to go to the 'range'. The range would be like a indoor police range where you shoot at paper targets and get an idea how different guns fire.

Ive always thought about this idea either access to buy manu now they have the favourites list i don't see why not, or a solitare style game.

There was a hack for 1.6 that i had and you could play 'snake' while you were dead

I think a waiting room would be nice. Kinda like heaven, when you die you go in there with all the other dead players, perhaps without any weapons.

There could be couches, TVs, and screen that you can watch the game from.

I'm sure plenty of people would have fun messing around in there. :)

No that would suck. You don't know how many money you will have etc and buying only takes 1 second anyway.

DeathIncarnate said:
You don't know how many money.

Two people have now said this...

Is the world getting more and more ill educated or is it just me?

No offence maybe a typo
-Najica

dooooh. YOU LIBERATE FOCKER! THERE NO ARENT MISTAKES IN THAT WRITING ARENT NO MISTAKES!

(Joking)
= D

Kaine904 said:
What would be great would be a nice target range that would give u data on ur shots, some switches to move it to different distances, and a CCTV camera to give a closeup on the target. Also different weapons to shoot it with.

That would be a great idea. It would be cool if they gave you the option. Sure people might complain about some stuff, but **** them. It would be cool.

coolgangsta24 said:
I'd like to play tetris or pong, just something to relive the boredom...

I think it would be a cool addition to a future version of cs:s and it could happen...
Good idea, though I would be one of the few who wouldn't like it. I like to know what's going on during the match to see what happens after I die. Maybe their would be an option to turn it on or off.

I think it should be bound to a hot key. Cuse sometimes I would really love to do that and sometimes I wouldn't. Depends on mood I guess.

Think, CT vs T pong, very complicated, takes up unvaluable spectating time

Why not just whip out your Gameboy DS, SP, PSP, etc. and play that while you wait? :D

Back