WoW on 56k?

Lemonking

Reaction score
my mum will soon send more of my stuff,she will also send WoW
will it work on 56k?? if not Im a lonewolf anyway so is their a way to play alone??:imu:

It will work on WoW, may be a bit laggy. Blizzard is known for well-done netcodes.

Else there is always Guild Wars(Since it sends less bandwidth overall, it's even more Ace in the netcode).

I use to try to play EQ on 56k, I got disconnected every 3 seconds and couldn't get more than a level every 2 days.

You CAN play it on 56k, but I would recommend DSL or Broadband if you can.

I'd love DSL or Cable....to bad there devils and havn't run lines out here so I can get DSL or Cable... We can afford it(56k+Second Phone Line). I would go for Wireless but I'd be the one dishing out $400 for the equipment. And that still isn't as fast as DSL or Cable. Faster than 56k but... im not gonna dish out $400 just yet.

well Cable will be avaible here in December

btw whats the difference from Cable and DSl internet

Cable vs. DSL

"Cable modems, although capable of high potential access speeds, have drawbacks. Primarily, the signal is shared between the subscribers in a specific area, and the technology is broadcast-oriented. In other words, less bandwidth is available to each subscriber as the number of subscribers increases in that area. Moreover, cable access offers the user no choice regarding providers and is available only in a limited area. It is available only through the cable enterprise, which has demonstrated little experience with Internet services."

also I have the german Version what will I have to change to play on a US Server??

Lemonking said:
also I have the german Version what will I have to change to play on a US Server??

Don't know... Google is a better search engine than HL2.NET

Lemonking said:

on the back of my game case it says: "plays on european servers only"

AAAAAAAAAarrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRr... so is their a way I could play alone I heard rumors........
thats their are cetain tools ^_^

Lemonking said:
AAAAAAAAAarrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRr... so is their a way I could play alone I heard rumors........
thats their are cetain tools ^_^

Naughty Lemonking! :naughty:

You can play WoW well enough on 56k - I know I used to. It'll be hella laggy in big cities (especially auction houses :x) and sometimes you'll freeze and wake up dead. But it's not that bad.

How can you play a MMO on your own?
eyebrow.gif

he said he WANTS to, not that he CAN.

some people are just sp whores :)

well I think playing with a group is also fun. but I just like killing for Items...thats fun thats why I love WoW

Sulkdodds said:
and sometimes you'll freeze and wake up dead. But it's not that bad.

No worries there then!

And Lemonking, I solo'ed most of WoW :D Groups are for losers with friends.

i just had a thought, you might be able to connect to the euro servers even though you're in the states, although might be hella laggy on 56k as well

When I played, I used 56k for a while and it was fine, however when I went into the big cities, aka ironforge and whatnot it would be pertty laggy but normally it wasent too bad considering. About playing it alone I'm quite sure that is it not possible unless you somehow figure out how to run your own server and then that would be the only way to play by yourself which would not be any fun at all cause half the game is the pvp and interaction with other players.

Septih said:
i just had a thought, you might be able to connect to the euro servers even though you're in the states, although might be hella laggy on 56k as well

could I just dl WoW (US client) from my dads house and use my CD Key???
that should work right? I think joing the euro Servers from Cali would fry my Modem.

/schieb

come on guys could I just download the US client and use the CD KeyI have ??????

I think joing the euro Servers from Cali would fry my Modem.
Ahh, i've had some euro serves actually be quite smooth on my 56k. Very suprising.

I played on a 28.8k connection at home and it wasn't so bad. Major cities were laggy and there was no way I could do anything involving full raid groups but it was certainly playable even in PvP.

damn well I might just try then but Im in cali in the Servers closest I could join would be a UK Server.....hope it will work

.. Wow.. So many people here with dial-up.. and 28k on WoW... WOW!

destrukt said:
- hijack -

are there any wow trials ?
I have an unused WoW trial cd, got it free with my popcorn when I went to watch a movie. It needs a credit card to activate the trial though, for some reason.

JellyWorld said:
I have an unused WoW trial cd, got it free with my popcorn when I went to watch a movie. It needs a credit card to activate the trial though, for some reason.
jelly! where is your good avatars? :(

Back