Wrench?

but why would she have different adapters for it?

Maybe she uses the thing to smash xen aliens' head to pieces.
Just a thought.:cheese:

Originally posted by freddythefrog
Maybe she uses the thing to smash xen aliens' head to pieces.
Just a thought.:cheese:

Gordon uses his crowbar for that, so whats the difference?

Originally posted by nw909
Gordon uses his crowbar for that, so whats the difference?

Well, the Wrench is lighter and can be used faster. It's a matter of taste.

Crowbar results in a messier finish.
It's a matter of cleaning bits of your foes off your suit.

guess they shoud have left the crowbar in CS then...i mean its the same as a knife huh

Maybe she's a fixer kind of person, like if your buggy broke, she'd come along, you could us the manipulator to pick the buggy up, then she goes underneath the car, fixes it for you! lol

Just when you accidently drop the car whilst she's under it is when the problem's come.

Dude, don't you get it?. Gordon is a carpenter and the girls is a mechanic.:cheese:

Originally posted by Caminante
Dude, don't you get it?. Gordon is a carpenter and the girls is a mechanic.:cheese:

ha ha, very nice:cheers:

Originally posted by ferd
guess they shoud have left the crowbar in CS then...i mean its the same as a knife huh

agreed a crowbar would be much cooler and in line with the amount of actual realism in cs (I actually do like cs)

Maybe a secret weapon. Imagine you'd be able to break into a tools shop in city 17, and voilà, pounds of new weapons to choose from.

Originally posted by freddythefrog
Maybe a secret weapon. Imagine you'd be able to break into a tools shop in city 17, and voilà, pounds of new weapons to choose from.

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to have secret weapons that are a little more... well, secret. A ratchet is hardly a prize worth finding.

Originally posted by Abom|nation
I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to have secret weapons that are a little more... well, secret. A ratchet is hardly a prize worth finding.

Omg,

Scientist Launcher Beta 1.0

a wrench looks like this:
o==c

that, my freinds, happens to be called a ratchet

... it's called a "ratchet(ing) wrench"

Ratchet refers to the inner-workings of that type of wrench.

wrench - any of various hand or power tools, often having fixed or adjustable jaws, used for gripping, turning, or twisting objects such as nuts, bolts, or pipes

ratchet - a mechanism consisting of a pawl that engages the sloping teeth of a wheel or bar, permitting motion in one direction only

plus the thing you drew, quackzilla, looked more like a spanner.

ratchet-wrench, whatever it is....shes gonna be a fixer-upper

1. Dr. Kliener invents the time machine
2. Alyx builds the time machine
3. Gordon goes through the time machine and kills stuff.

alyx has sockets in her belt, so it looks like she might actually fix something. Gordon, on the other hand, just looks like he wants to hurt things

It think in Canada, it's called a monkey wrench. I might be wrong seeing as a McDonald commercial is my reference.

Originally posted by Tredoslop
It think in Canada, it's called a monkey wrench. I might be wrong seeing as a McDonald commercial is my reference.

Haha, ya your probably wrong.

Monkey wrench is indeed the correct term.

mon'key wrench n.
1. a wrench having a movable jaw that can be
adjusted for grasping nuts of different
sizes.

She must be helping out with construction work....that or mutilating zombies and other beasties. ;)

Yeah your wrong, its a socket wrench here :p
A tire iron is like a big metal cross with 4 different heads. for removing...well tires.

a monkey wrench is simply a wrench with one of the 2 prongs capable of tightening or loosening up. What Alyx has is a socket wrench

she needs the wrench from op4, now that had some meat to it. You could almost feel the force of the secondary attack.

That thing looks too girlie ;)

Originally posted by Tommmo
Monkey wrench is indeed the correct term.

mon'key wrench n.
1. a wrench having a movable jaw that can be
adjusted for grasping nuts of different
sizes.

She must be helping out with construction work....that or mutilating zombies and other beasties. ;)

Keep it away from gordons nuts plz.

Recap:
Alxy's weapon
monkey wrench: No
tire iron: No
socket wrench: Yes!

So we,ve confirmed that this is a socket wrench. great...
I still think the crowbar 0wns that wrench. although... the wrench from Op4 was cool.
btw the wrench from Op4 was a monkey wrench.(a new wrench to argue about):devil:

Back