Wretched Abandon

EatChildren

Reaction score
The Half-Life 2 Total Conversion titled Wretched Abandon is opening its doors to keen modders looking for a deep and focused project to work on.

The open positions are many, ranging from animation to artwork, large and minor. Read on for more information about the modification.

The Setting
The year is 3050 and the three planetary super powers, Earth, Mars, and Eden Moon, have broken out into the largest full-scale war in the history of mankind.

The Gameplay
Wretched Abandon pits players in realism inspired science fiction combat scenarios, with a focus on deep teamwork and tactful thinking. Players will fight for their army in order to complete numerous and specific map objectives, engaging in frequent high speeds intense combat.

The Combat
Combat requires tactful thinking from the mind of the player. The player’s movement and position effects how accurately weaponry will fire. Bullets travel in a realistic manner, with bullet drop, ricochet, piercing, and distance travel.

The Armies, Classes, and Kits
The player is able to select from three different armies, each playing host to six of its own unique classes. Each class has its own stats and weaponry, and own unique abilities. Further more, the player will then select an “Item Kit”, giving them access to items such as Thermal Goggles, Energy Shields, Proximity Mines, Sitcom Hackers, and much more.

The Weapons
A wide variety of weaponry leads to a diverse amount of tactics. High powered sniper rifles, energy machine guns, flamethrowers, energy bolt launchers, EMP rocket launchers, personal explosives, and more. Each with its own primary and secondary function, as well as firing modes (Automatic, Burst, Single, etc).

The Maps
Maps feature a massive variety of environments. Jungles, swamps, deserts, cities, space stations, battleships, fields, mountains, snow, acid rain, day, night, and much more. Interactive map systems allow for sections of specific maps to be destroyed to open new doors, or creatively kill your enemies. Dynamic map changes range from random acid rains storms, to atmospheric and damaging artillery strikes. Each map has its own objective system and layout, giving the player and entirely new experience on each map.

Our Attitude
Our team believes in high quality work, and has its eyes set on creating the perfect representation of our design. When mistakes and problems arise, we will do everything in our effort to fix them. The final product will be as refined and smooth as it possibly can be. We believe that the community, fans and others, are extremely important and are dedicated to communication and interaction with them, whether it be general chit-chat, mod thoughts, or gaming within our Wretched Abandon Online Team (available to join by any fan).

The Open Positions
The positions that are open are as followed:
Modeler (Character + Other).
Mapper
Animator
2D Art (Skinning Models + Map Textures)
General Conceptual Art + Promotion Artwork (Serious + Humorous)
Programming

Whilst we have members to fill majority of these positions very effectively, we require more to expand the team and get work done faster.

We will only be accepting the very best, not just at their work, but in their attitude to work and communication.

We urge anyone with any interest in a position, or the mod in general, to contact us with any questions they have.

Our homepage can be found at:
http://www.wretched-abandon.com

Our forums can be reached at:
http://www.wretched-abandon.com/forums

Our ModDB profile can be seen at:
http://mods.moddb.com/4765/

For direct question, you can reach the team the forums, via PM (either at these forms or ours), or a personal email to:
[email protected]

We hope to see some interest.

Please feel free to leave any comments and thoughts.

I remember seeing pictures of a map a while back on your forums, and thinking "wow, sweet map", but then I lost the URL. I'll have to keep my eye on this.

Sounds pretty sweet. The Mod name has stayed in my memory for ages, but I forgot the gameplay concept a long time ago. I'd suggest a tag-line that helps gamers remember who you are (name's good enough) and what your Mod will be special for (the tagline).

Looking good, I see there's a Teessider in there. My bro's just started Computer Game Art there, the classes he's doing in the 1st year sound well sweet.

looks great good luck. by the way mars is uninhabitable how is there a super power there?

crackhead said:
looks great good luck. by the way mars is uninhabitable how is there a super power there?

Fair question, because its not like we can live on the Moon either :p.

In terms of story (and I'll keep it shorts as there is a lot to explain), a new form of energy lead to the development of Atmospheric Processors. These machines are capable of mutating matter and time/space, and in the case of the Atmos. Processor they create an atmosphere, with breathable air and all.

The one on Mars suffered majar internal damage from a malfunction, and as a result the Mars atmosphere is highly unstable. The planet gets literally freak out-of-the-blue hail storms, snow storms, acid rain, flash floods, intense heat, the works.

Whilst we're focusing on giving a realistic experiance, our setting is very sci-fi and very fantasy. Instead of saying "This is what realism might be like" we're saying "This is what realism might be like in our world".

oh ok. yeh i understand thats its sci fi i just wondered how you were explaining that.

the website is absolutely amazing. i would like to see some more media though.

You will see more than a media during our next update. It will be huge. ^__^

That's pretty nice. I especially like the Tank. Pretty FZero-inspired, just with a gun :naughty:

Hey, just thought i'd bump this for this last time. We are actually in need of more talent at this moment especially weapon modelers. If you are a weapon modeler looking to model futuristic weapons, then please do stop by our website and contact me for more information about the mod.

Back