wtf? new update is teh weird

ktimekiller

Companion Cube
Reaction score
the test seems to go slower, but i got the same fps

But wait, I thought the ladies liked it slow and sensual?
What? Wrong game?
Oh.

-Alix

New update is amazing. Upped my FPS by about 10, feels smooth as.

my vst went up by like 20 but it went down like 5 when i am in a server by myself

I didn't notice any difference, except from the scoreboard being required to alternate binding, and the console not working anymore ..

Completely. The VST takes twice as long to get through but my fps rate has jumped from 65fps to 80fps. I double checked with fraps to see if that could be right and it was.

The image quality looked slightly cleaner too in the VST.

There's some strange things going on with Source right now. But it isn't bad.

Not only that but CS: Source is running faster too.

I got an average of 73fps using fraps for over 2 minutes walking around de_dust.

I sense some last minute serious performance tweaking going on with the Valve team. This all bodes very well for Half-Life 2. :)

yes but i spectated and watched first person as someone was running into the tunnels and turned a corner and the guy shot at the last second when the guy had just turned the corner and took him out..

poor hitboxes fall behind the player :(

my cs seems ok after the update except it takes forever to escape after a game and my mac10 is pink and black wtf?

de_dust0145.jpg

What? Gangsta style?
PFFT, I've got tha pink pantha style, yo.
Fo rizzle.

-Alix

Alix Mcdean said:
What? Gangsta style?
Fo rizzle.

-Alix

LMAO!

The knife p_model looks shinyer (is that even a word?!). I have the wierd scoreboard not working glitch but my console key is unchanged (apart from the fact the apostrophe and hash also brings up the keyboard now?!).

lol nice mac fpsxcore, are you running css with -dxlevel 81 or something? When I tried running the vst with -dxlevel 81 I had some pink textures.

Alix Mcdean said:
What? Gangsta style?
Fo rizzle.

-Alix

Attachments

• YouHomo.JPG
    YouHomo.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 310
Other than the fact that my TAB key doesn't work, console doesn't work, and performance in some circumstances is poorer then usual, it's running better.

Thats something about the language your keyboard is using. Mine was the same MaxiKana, and now it's working.

I reassigned the "TAB" to "Q" and my console key is "ö" (is guess you don't have this one but try some other key instead).

I use Q in game, so can't change that.. It's on home atm, couldn't figure out a better key for it... anway, ö doesn't work for me for some reason :/

Hitboxes seem to be lagging behind the player model itself, now

with the new CS:Source update i have a weird bug.
i pressed tab to look at the scores and when i released it, the scoreboard was still visiable... i couldn't get rid of it.

eventually i reported it as a bug as its the only thing i could think of.. :|

Dr. Freeman said:
with the new CS:Source update i have a weird bug.
i pressed tab to look at the scores and when i released it, the scoreboard was still visiable... i couldn't get rid of it.

eventually i reported it as a bug as its the only thing i could think of.. :|

or -showscores in console

Dr. Freeman said:
??
what do u mean? :dork:

You can temporarily use that command to fix the scoreboard problem until the bug is addressed. Type -showscores in the console to hide the scoreboard.

heh. my mac10 does the same thing. its the reflection layer on it!

oh yea:
5900ultra
-dxlevel 90 with no problems, cept for the mac10. and the reflections are there in water and everything

kin83 said:
You can temporarily use that command to fix the scoreboard problem until the bug is addressed. Type -showscores in the console to hide the scoreboard.

i see.
i figured something out.
i assigned the scoreboard to a different key and it worked fine.. but as soon as i assigned back to TAB, it didn't work :(

am i the only one having this problem?

edit: before anyone asks, the TAB key works in other games such as CZ, CS, Doom3 so the problem is not with the key itself..

Who doesnt have the pink mac10 <_<

my Css runs like crap now.. I get a lag spike atleast 5 times every round in every server i go to...

fuzzy_aus said:
New update is amazing. Upped my FPS by about 10, feels smooth as.

yeah it was pretty smooth going in...

although i started to have some troubles bringing it up at first... you know, getting things working properly. I tryed all the standard things, like waiting it out.....

but it all worked out in the end.
the valve worked properly and lets just say,i wasn't dissapointed... :thumbs:

its smooth as hell now .. but the hitboxes seems to be fu***d

My tab key doesn't work anymore.

I have to use Caps to show scores :s

Dr. Freeman, your sig seems pretty stupid... that guy just sounds beyond confused.... he's not stating anything signifigant

Dr. Freeman said:
i see.
i figured something out.
i assigned the scoreboard to a different key and it worked fine.. but as soon as i assigned back to TAB, it didn't work :(

am i the only one having this problem?

edit: before anyone asks, the TAB key works in other games such as CZ, CS, Doom3 so the problem is not with the key itself..

i get this too. then someone said "why did they change TAB to F10?" so i thought that was it, but every time i hit F10 it crashes to desktopp....... :/

Suicide42 said:
i get this too. then someone said "why did they change TAB to F10?" so i thought that was it, but every time i hit F10 it crashes to desktopp....... :/

lol, that's just someone playing a trick on you. F10 is quit. I've seen it done online hundreds of times since the update. :)

Back