www.halfliferadio.com Interview Transcript

Well where the crap is this email with all the questions??!?!
*shakes fist at gabe*

People have been falsly attributing stuff to my name. Just so you know, I said something like I saw a white board with a timeline of events and some names on the board, not files.

well, that was a complete waste of time interview with nothing new a a bunch of useless dribble.

Oh, and D33 & Efficient - if you're gonna have your little cat fight, keep it in th ePM's we dont need to read this stuff.

*Shakes fist at gabe some more* Answer the questions damn it!

Originally posted by Efficient
When I talked to Andy, apparently, they asked for truce, and you accepted, but you always ended off saying something rude. He implied that you'd say something like, "Yeah, we'll truce, but we'll always be a better site than you", or "we're the best Half-Life 2 site in the Universe". When you said that, he banned you, because he didn't want to do anything about u. And that's when you started sending emails, bothering him.

Oh.. my.. god.

1) I never said anything like that and if I did I'd love to see proof.
2) He emailed me first. Ended up at four emails each.

It's like dealing with the house of mirrors, everytime something happens it get's distorted. So much for progress.

D33 do we really need to hear about this publicly? keep it in PM/email.

People want to know. Besides, if such things are being publicly posted on our forums, we'll reply to them there.

ahahah Efficient had his mod removed.. serves you right for claiming to work for valve!

'Im ErikJ's News Guy He Sends Me News To Give TO the CommuniTY'

'Im Their PR Guy I set up tHIR Conferences in TExas'

'Im 16 yeard old next year'

Originally posted by garry
ahahah Efficient had his mod removed.. serves you right for claiming to work for valve!

'Im ErikJ's News Guy He Sends Me News To Give TO the CommuniTY'

'Im Their PR Guy I set up tHIR Conferences in TExas'

'Im 16 yeard old next year'

What/where is this from?

steam forums/gamesnet steam room

i used to get at him for saying stuff to people like "WE ARE WORKING ON STEAM, WE'RE TRYING OUR BEST" and making people think he was working on it, but he couldn't see what was wrong with that..

guess he does now.

Oh... he's one of "those people". They're idiots, but at least they're entertaining idiots. :)

if you had proof it wouldn't be a rumor, so rumor before proof dooder.

Oh also, it might have something to do with when he posts on steam forums and no one replies and he replies saying "reply" and then again saying "come on reply" then again saying "come on 300 views and no reply"...

Probably best you back this up, I know what it's like to be targetted without proof :)

i´m a bit lost here.
What and who is making acusations about who and what?
I´ve got to read the whole thread again...

Aha ok got it.

so still no info really AT ALL apart from 'we g0t 2 p\ay CZZZZZZ it Roxxxorrsssss!'

I must admit as I stayed up well into the small hours to listen to this that we got virtually nil new info I was quite disappointed. Perhaps rbl and the other dude had a case of the nerves or something but it's a shame that so many good questions never got asked.

Well they seem quite sure they will Gabe on sometime soon , let's hope we all get the questions asked then which we missed out on this time :)

i dont get this bit:

So, then we looked at the Counter-strike room. Tt was really cool! One of the guys who was working on Counter-strike was there working... And we got to test Counter-strike: Condition Zero! That's right! We got to try out "CS:CZ." It was really cool! They basically took a lotta' the maps from Counter-strike 1.6 and reworked them. So, first, that's really cool. Second, they have this really cool "first-player" method of doing things. You have so many "fame points" and depending on the difficulty level, you start out with 3 and you have to complete objectives. Then, you unlock the next 3, and so on and so on. Each has different objectives like "kill a guy with a rifle."

Then, we got in-game. Man, it was cool! One of the things... The bots are VERY real! The old ones would run to certain waypoints. No, these bots are intelligent! They seemed life-like. They'd send over the chat, like, "#nemy is here with the bomb!". If they're in the middle of a message, and they get killed, they'd be like "Enemy is --"

is that all about cs-cz?

what a let down. i stayed up till 6am to hear it and they're "all new info on hl2" and what do i get? some crap frmo cs.
]

Here that whooshing sound?

It is the sound of the credibility of some *cough*radio statiob*cough* going out the window.

"big news".....lol, whatever.

Originally posted by Necro
what a let down. i stayed up till 6am to hear it and they're "all new info on hl2" and what do i get? some crap frmo cs.
]

Well that figures....

Why the hostility?

If you are wondering, the 'Unknown' for the questions concerning the SDK Info and the amount of Staff members, that was me.

Yes... it was disappointing that the interview did not take place, but it is no surprise that Valve has Internet Restrictions at the moment. We are going to try and reschedule it as well as get more shoutcast servers streaming the station. There were 700 slots and they were pretty much full all the time. Many other hosts (such as NS Radio) streamed the broadcast, but also had troubles with buffering.

You people should understand what goes into something like this and sure it may not have been what you expected, but the staff on this are working their @$$es off to do something great for you.

i would probably forget to ask lots of things if i had a chance to go to valve :/

From halflifesource.com:

We have a slide-show presentation tomorrow on Half-Life Radio.

WHOA! I wonder how they are going to pull that one off.. ;)

As far as the "operator" mistake goes, among others, I would edit my posts, but this forum has a time limit on such things.

Sorry!

-Scott

Just a final, quick bump for those who still have yet to listen to the interview.

-Scott

A quick bump followed by this disclaimer: Don't bother. :p

No, no. I'm sure it'll be very professional, Scott.

Back