x800 xt this may have been coverd...

S

sadman

some people have been saying that the x800 xt wont run half life 2 on max setings i am geting a new pc and i just want to know if i should get the x800 se and sell it and get a 6800gt the only 2 cards i can get are x800 xt and x800 se

The x800 xt will run HL2 at max settings with max aa and af with uber high FPS. It is the uber card for HL2.

Well, of course it will run it well, but the reason you've heard people saying the GT is a great card to buy now is because of its equal price to the x800 pro, and how it has 16 pixel pipelines over the 12 in the x800 pro. It's been said that the GT is a little better, but if you can afford an x800 XT, by all means get it. It's a great card, though a little expensive.

sadman said:
some people have been saying that the x800 xt wont run half life 2 on max setings

some people say the x800xt won't run hl2 on max, some people are also on crack ;)

bliink said:
some people say the x800xt won't run hl2 on max, some people are also on crack ;)

Hahahaha!

I'd also like to add in that a lot of people are saying that the GT is a good buy because it's $100 less than the x800 XT and Ultra Extreme. So you still get A LOT of bang for your buck. But yes, the x800 is good.

Malfunction said:
Hahahaha!

I'd also like to add in that a lot of people are saying that the GT is a good buy because it's $100 less than the x800 XT and Ultra Extreme. So you still get A LOT of bang for your buck. But yes, the x800 is good.

ATi is the card of choice for HL2, and probably DX9, but they need more work on open GL, and are limited with PS2.0

bliink said:
ATi is the card of choice for HL2, and probably DX9, but they need more work on open GL, and are limited with PS2.0

I don't want to start a fanboy war here, as I'm neutral ( :imu: ), but that doesn't mean that the GT and Nvidia's lineup are completely useless to play HL2 on. Gabe said the only reason they used ATI technology (back when it was 5950v9800) was because ATI's performed better. Now we have the GT and x800 pro, two near equal cards, and it's been said that between the two the GT is the better choice for its future PS 3.0 support, its higher pixel pipelines, and how it performs pretty much on par with the pro.

Of course ;) i suppose it all comes down to whose benchmarks you read anyway... just like intel vs amd

Yep, but I just wanted to make clear to the thread starter that all of the new cards will definitely perform well, so don't hesitate to buy.

The x800 series of gpus are a waste of money

nc17 said:
The x800 series of gpus are a waste of money

:rolleyes:

~~~

Have they released the X800 SE yet or are you talking about the X800 Pro?

Buy in this order (based on what you could buy)

1) X800XT
2) 6800 GT
3) X800 Pro
4) X800 SE

Very little seperates the 6800 GT from the X800 Pro. I would try and stay away from the X800SE. With 12 and 16 pipeliness it does great, but I am not so sure about 8.

Some X800 Pros can be softmodded to use 16 pipelines, so in essence you get an X800 XT for the price of the Pro. Mine is one of them. :)

So if you look into this, you can get a kickass card for HL2 at a more reasonable price.

Seeing as you can afford an X800XT, GET IT. They are awesome and better than a 6800GT and buying an X800 pro and hoping to softmod it even though you can afford an X800XT is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Get an X800XT and have fun running every game on max settings. Cause it's the truth.

Forgive me for asking if this is a stupid question, but is the x800 XT released yet? I have been looking for one at local places and noone seems to carry them. My compusa says they are getting them sometime in September but people on Ebay seem to already be selling them. :O

mIRCant said:
Forgive me for asking if this is a stupid question, but is the x800 XT released yet? I have been looking for one at local places and noone seems to carry them. My compusa says they are getting them sometime in September but people on Ebay seem to already be selling them. :O

Yes, they are just pretty hard to find right now.

Forgive me for asking if this is a stupid question, but is the x800 XT released yet? I have been looking for one at local places and noone seems to carry them. My compusa says they are getting them sometime in September but people on Ebay seem to already be selling them.
They are released.
If it were up to me I would go into ATI's board room and shoot people for teasing me with the x800 xt and then not having any in stock.

Many people have stated that the problem is memory shortages. While im sure its true there are probably other reasons too.
I rember hearing somewhere that the x800 pro was going to be ati's flagship card untill they found out that nvidia was developing a card with 16 pipelines. If you look around you will find that there are a lot of x800 pros and very little x800 xt's. I can go out to a locale store and buy an x800 pro right now if I want. (which I dont) ATI may have been producing thousands of x800 pros with the intention that it was going to be their flagship card. But when they realized what nvidia was doing they quickly decided to produce a card with more pipes. They may not have had enough time to produce enough in time for launch. And now its going to take longer for them to catch up with demand.
Why can ati produce so many x800 pros and so little x800 xt's?
(does the x800 pro use different memory then the xt's?)
It seems to me though that the only cards that are short in stock are the ones with 16 pipelines. Maybee people just dont want the x800 pro. I dont know. But the 6800gt 6800ultra and x800xt all with 16 pipes are the ones that are very hard to find. Probably because they are better. maybee its harder to produce card with 16 pipes vs 12. Just speculation of coarse.

Now I wish my dad had taken that IT job with ATI a couple years ago. ;(

bosox188 said:
Seeing as you can afford an X800XT, GET IT. They are awesome and better than a 6800GT and buying an X800 pro and hoping to softmod it even though you can afford an X800XT is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Get an X800XT and have fun running every game on max settings. Cause it's the truth.

yeah.. i read softmodding a card does not always work and in some cases even fries the card.
now why would one want to risk that while being the situation of affording an X800XT boggles my mind.. :|

Yup, oh and if you're looking for the best price on an X800XT, Dell has it for $417.

Well, with a Replacement plan from COMPUSA that doesn't really matter.

The X800XT PEs came out right away but there is a combination of short supply and a very long backorder list that has held them from store shelves.

thanks guys im going to get the x800xt then to hear you guys talk about it sounds like a hell of a card

Back