x800pro 2 fans for hl2?

-h2o-

Reaction score
Hi I am using a x800 pro and it is over heating in hl2, i am buying some case fans and a graphics card fan.

because the x800 pro already has a fan and heatsink, if i brought another fan would it be placed on the opposite side of the card, meaning i would have 2 fans on 1 graphics card or would i have to take the retail x800 PRO fan and heatsink off and replace it with the new fan?

here is the fan i am considering to purchese:

http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/invt/cooacati4

please post back, need to know as soon as possy

you think your comp is overheating? mine shutsdown once a month or something from overheat lol

just underclock it, with a x800 underclocked, its still more than enough to run hl2

i running it a 6xaa and 16xaf i am not overclocking it, it is just getting too got.

can the graphics card hold 2 fans at once, (one retail fan on front of the card and one on back of card?)

or will I have to remove the retails fan and replace it with the new fan?

You're gonna have to take it off.

(maybe drop the aa and af a little :))

humm, really, so i can only have 1 graphics card fan on at once :(

Yup.

You won't need two - just ditch the shite one, and replace it with a good one :)

Both those links are to the same cooler :)

The arctic cooler is better than the retail. Make sure you get one that fits on your card (i'm not sure which rev matches which boards)

I'd also look up online how to fit these if I were you - and what tools you may need (needle nosed pliers are a must apparently)

Back