Xbox 2 coming THIS YEAR

Yay! But guess what? Im probably not going to buy one. . ... I'll be too busy with Paintball ...

Psh play virtual paintball on Xbox2 XD

Definetely buying it.. One thing I wonder though.. Will it have Live-enabled right out of the box, what will be different? Will current subscribers be able to port our info over to Xbox2 no problem?

Cause my xbox live subscription ends at end of this year, so around time of xbox 2 probably... so for my BDay I could get Xbox2 and a one year renewal :D

Psh play virtual paintball on Xbox2 XD

Ew, heck no. Hunting real people, in real-life ... is just a thrill greater then any game combined. I like the smell of paint -- and the sound of a woodsball game raging in the distance.

:D

Foxtrot said:
I know it is your opinion, but I think Nintendo is effing insane and don't really know what true gamers want. They need to drop the kiddy shit now and start getting into online games. That stuff was fun when I was 8 but it seems like there games are suffering because they have to make all there games like an episode of Rugrats on LSD.

I don't know about that....that seems like nothing more than a generalization. I have yet to play a Nintendo made game that wasn't incredibly fun, addictive and worth every penny.

IMO...Sony has a history of giving us more of the same and it seems to me this will continue with the release of the PSP and PS3...bigger and faster, yes...but better?? I'll guarantee you, you'll have alread played every game on the PSP before it has even come out. This is where Nintendo come in for me....the DS is like nothing you've ever seen before therefore you couldn't have possibly played anything the same before and we're hearing the same for the Revolution system....obviously the Super Mario 64 remake is an exception, but it's still very different because of the 2 screens.

OK...in one statement...Sony has taken things that everyone else has done...rehashed it...and released it over and over. I'm not saying they've put out a bunch of bad games as both the PS and PS2 have a few goodies, but they have done nothing to advance actual gaming for gamers. Nintendo is on the forefront of this time and again and are willing to fail....see Virtual Boy and to some extent the N64. They are always willing to bite the bullet for gamers.

Smack500 said:
but if a company truely was in touch with and knew what the games wanted/needed they wouldnt buy up up gaming rights and companys. you should not have to spend 2g to be able to play any game when they come out. (1g for a high preformance pc,$300 per console when they were released)

WHens the last time pc bought the rights to a game or bought out a gaming company?

I believe EA's psychotic reach extends into the PC playground...Westwood?? Studios ring a bell. I believe they used to make the C&C games. EA did that to buy a name and make a sick profit off of a thriving series. But thats neither here nor there.

None of these companies that were bought had made a single game prior to purchase or commitment. Rare, Silicon Knights, Bungie, Retro etc,etc would have stood no chance without Microsoft and Nintendo either buying them or making a nice contribution to their efforts. In today's arena, making a game is a pricey effort and investment. Hell Nintendo let Rare go and I believe they ran into some financial troubles....then Microsoft scooped them up...

They see talent and use them to make great games. Obviously Retro's connections to Nintendo would preclude any game development for say Sony or Microsoft, but at least these talented developers now have a place to work and excersice their gifts.

Back