Xbox 360 images!

I liked how the old Xbox let you save without the need of a memory card. I'll probably go for the standard package. I don't really need all that extra stuff. I wish there was a package that included just the Xbox 360 and hard drive.

and hopefully the BIOS and HDD will be as easy to mess with as the first XBOX..

I like being able to put my divx and mpeg movies,etc on the xbox to take to a friends house...so much easier than dragging my PC around ;)

im gonna check ebay for xbox 360 premium parts(when it comes out) and attach a hd to the cheap one

microsoft are whores comming out with 2 versions of the same god damn thing and giving us poor people a mentally retarted version of xbox 360

i want backwards comability god damnit

Oh one more thing bill gates is a Fascist pig who deserves to burn in hell for doing this

Onager said:
The black thing in the top left corner could be an IR port :) Which means wireless controllers
IR for wireless is old, slow and outdated ... I think the IR port will be for a DVD remote only... Wireless controllers these days use FastRF (via radio signals) ... They're faster, a lot more reliable and less of a power drain.

No more pulling your mates joypad out the machine when he's winning at Street Fighter :(

If Perfect Dark turns out to be any good i'll pick up one of these at launch - but with or without the HD, that's the real question.

Leprobs.... are u a undead priest in world of warcraft? I swear I was just playing wioth you?

They'll cut the prices to out-do ps3 etc. but expect the ps3 to do the same, start prices uber high, make allot of money on the first sales (everyone will want one)... then chop the prices for Christmas to sell even more.

<RJMC> said:
and still xbox 360 sounds like a skateboard trick
Actually, I like the name. While it's nothing impressive, per say, it makes good sense.

The XBOX 360 will work in 360 degrees for your life. Music, television, movies, entertainment, video games, etc. It will work all-encompassingly (360) in your life. :)
xlucidx said:
What a god damn rip off.
The PSP is almost as much as that!
God, Why must things be so ****ing expensive?
$100 would sounds reasonable for a console.
But $400?! :|
Are you insane? Do you know how much we're actually saving as consumers on these next-gen consoles? The graphics cards alone would cost around $400. MS, Sony and Nintendo will undoubtedly each be losing money on every console they sell.

Consider yourself lucky to have this technology for so cheap.

My only fear is that the 360 will be less powerful than the PS3 (which it probably will be) The only thing us Xbox owners had to brag about was that it was the most powerful console. (well, that and Halo)

babyheadcrab said:
400 is very, very cheap
What are you smokin'? The original Sex-Box game with a harddrive, why can't this one? And, I don't want WebTV! Why should I pay $15 a month to Microsoft for a service I might never use, but I am still paying for?!

$400 and $300 is very cheap!

$300 ----> £155 Thats just ridcolously cheap. When PS2 was released it was £300!!

are we talking 400........American? Thats $800 Australian!!!! **** off

Datrix said:
My only fear is that the 360 will be less powerful than the PS3 (which it probably will be) The only thing us Xbox owners had to brag about was that it was the most powerful console. (well, that and Halo)
ATi R500 and a couple of 3ghz cpus are probably more than enough to beat nVidias next chip and the (extremely over-hyped) cell. I just hope PGR3 is a launch title.

Sparta said:
are we talking 400........American? Thats $800 Australian!!!! **** off

Yeah, we're talking American dollars.

I just worked it out on a currency calculator and $400 US dollars converts to $511 Aus dollars.

Am I missing something here?

This is great news. I don't know what to do to my Xbox now. No one wants it :(

Sprafa said:
This is great news. I don't know what to do to my Xbox now. No one wants it :(

Chip and turn it into an emulator machine :) That's what i'm gonna do.

Harryz said:
Yeah, we're talking American dollars.

I just worked it out on a currency calculator and $400 US dollars converts to $511 Aus dollars.

Am I missing something here?
Yeah, our currency is usually .50c of every US dollar. At least it was last time i checked, so i just assumed incorrectly. Still $511 is too much for a console.

And i still love lePobz avatar.

The machine looks great. Microsoft has proven that it can hang with the likes of Sony and Nintendo.

You can't get more confirmation than that - I don't see why Microsoft are unhappy about the leak, I want this console more than ever now...

Well, they are upset because they didn't plan to reveal it until the MTV show.. Now that so many people have seen the render, what now? The MTV "special" won't be as good anymore, because you've seen and heard pretty much everything on it (read the article and they say that MS wasn't planning to show the actual console! Cheap!)

Yea, the console looks awesome, I can't wait for it :D

Does anybody know If the 360 is going to include a PPU?
Or, will one of the cores be dedicated for physics processing?
Or neither?
I've heard rumors for and against all these ideas.

... and no! I can't wait a couple more weeks to find out!

It is rumored that it is. The CEO of the company for the PPU answered the question of "Will the next-gen Xbox include a PPU" with the response of "Wait and see" which is what you don't want to do (wait a few weeks) :p

I'm seriously pushing towards a yes. It will make games much better, plus the UE3 engine supports it, and UE3 will be on the 360 ;) Makes sense to me.

My friend says you can buy the standard version without the HD, but then you can go buy a standalone HD to pop in. I don't understand that. Why would Micro$oft make you pay $100 extra for something that you can just upgrade for ~$50?

Iced_Eagle said:
It is rumored that it is. The CEO of the company for the PPU answered the question of "Will the next-gen Xbox include a PPU" with the response of "Wait and see" which is what you don't want to do (wait a few weeks) :p

I'm seriously pushing towards a yes. It will make games much better, plus the UE3 engine supports it, and UE3 will be on the 360 ;) Makes sense to me.
Hopefuly they decide/have decided to put one in. :)
Imagine the possibilities :D ... totally destructible/interactive environments.
*drools*

http://news.spong.com/x?art=8613

Portion of the Leaked Script :D Microsoft has so many leaks, they are like a swiss cheese....

Anyways glad to see that they are now putting a lot more human interaction in game ;) Less bots that let you win, and more people that are same skill :)

Yes, I've read that a little while ago.
Hmmm, I'm really not sure what to think of this, It seems like a cool idea, but can you imagine playing against a bunch of asses whos only point in life is to ruin the game experience... that's what could be this features downfall.

Well then you just use the ignore feature. :) Also, you could probably join him in a lobby, chat to make sure, and then go in-game... You can always report players if they are not being cool.

Apparently this feature was in teh N64 version? I've never played it. Basically one player takes on the role of like a guard at the next closest battle ahead of hero... If the bad guy dies, he spawns in at next closest battle, etc etc

One thing is that now you have more experienced players against you, you won't get the feeling of being the bad ass if you die a lot... But then again if you do win a lot, then the feeling is amplified due to the fact you conquered the other player :D

*edit* Ray_Man: There's been no official pricing yet. But according to rumors, if you buy the 360 with the hard drive with it, and not just as an upgrade, you get a free game... Halo 2.5 :D (according to IGN) maybe even another too?

Iced_Eagle said:
Well then you just use the ignore feature. :) Also, you could probably join him in a lobby, chat to make sure, and then go in-game... You can always report players if they are not being cool.

Apparently this feature was in teh N64 version? I've never played it. Basically one player takes on the role of like a guard at the next closest battle ahead of hero... If the bad guy dies, he spawns in at next closest battle, etc etc

One thing is that now you have more experienced players against you, you won't get the feeling of being the bad ass if you die a lot... But then again if you do win a lot, then the feeling is amplified due to the fact you conquered the other player :D
Yeah, what you say is true. :)
As long as you have the option to still play against game AI, not just other humans.

Back