XBox port

Maelstrom

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the Half-Life series, and I have so far only played HL2 for the XBox. I loved every minute of it, but I have a question.

Supposedly the XBox version is the same as the PC original (just minus the multiplayer), but I've seen screenshots from the PC version that show things I never saw, including different weapons.

So, are there substantial differences between the two, are is it something else?

Thanks. :)

there should be nothing different except the graphical quality.

sure you werent looking at hl2 deathmatch which is the multiplayer of hl2? there are several different weapons.

also its possible you were looking at a modification for hl2.

Could it possibly be screens from a pre-release version? The gun I saw seemed to be a sniper rifle, and I recall reading somewhere that the sniper rifle was originally in the game but was replaced with the crossbow before release.

Maybe (Just maybe) you saw a screenshot of CS:S (Counterstrike: Source). They are released around the same time, and are almost always packaged together. So it's not unusual that their screenshots are compiled together in some reviewing sites.

Or is that the XM-29 OICW you saw? It's a weapon in HL2 beta that was replaced by the combine rifle (AR2) in the finished game.

The screens I was looking at are here and here.

I'm thinking specifically of the pics of the dock-like thing and the ones with the scoped gun.

Ya those are pre-release screens. They never made it to the final release.

Beta images. There are some examples of people messing with the beta "release" on YouTube

The screens I was looking at are here and here.

I'm thinking specifically of the pics of the dock-like thing and the ones with the scoped gun.

The scoped gun you saw is the OICW. (see my earlier post)

Personally I preferred it much better than the AR2.

What song is that? It sounds so familiar...

Wait, is that from a Silent Hill?

Read the article next to it. I don't know, I didn't make it.

Back