xfx geforce 6800 gt

alexius

Reaction score
hello i am a noob and i would like to purchase the xfx geforce 6800 gt because it has the best review were i have looked. i just wanted to know if i should look out for anything like agi or ddr3 what does that mean and which one do i buy. if u can help me please e mail me coz i dont check on this site much thanks
mr noob

There is no difference between one xfx 6800gt and another. There is however a difference between the different models eg 6800 6800gt 6800ultra.

Can you please post your PC specifications including the wattage of your power supply unit (PSU).

I have one of these card and they're brilliant. The noise was a bit annoying at first coming from a silent VGA cooled 9800pro, but otherwise they're good cards.

amd athlon xp 2800+
2.09 ghz
512 mb ram
230v ac

Your other specs are fine, but thats the measure of the input of your PSU. The actual wattage of the PSU should be written on the side of the PSU itself whcih you can only see by opening up your pc.

Can anyone confirm this to be sure please. For a GT its advisable to have a 350W+ PSU.

I've also heard that the new nvidia cards reguire a bit of power, so a 350-450 watt powersupply is recommended.

Back