XSI EXP not installing

Lupus

Reaction score
Hi, been trying to install XSI EXP 3.5 for Half-Life 2 from a cover DVD from PC Gamer. Whenever I try to install to where I want it, I get a message saying something like "Softimage|XSI EXP 3.5 does not support space in the current folder". I have 2 gigs free there. Any idea what is wrong and how to fix this?

Hunt down softmonkey, he works for Softimage in the UK and should be able to tell you what its doing. I've never had problems installing it due to space issue's. Though I'd suggest checking your boot drive, it might be trying to copy temp files and finding it full there. I'm assuming of course you have more than one partition right?

Aye, 3 partitions: windows, programs, games. Got 1.94 gigs free on the C drive (windows) and 2 gigs on the programs (D) drive where I'm trying to install it.

Computers have a tendency to dislike me anyway, I inherited from my mother.

how big is your swap file? maybe it has the space reserved

I had that error message too, turns out the program just didn't like the name of the folder, it's picky :cheese:
Try just naming it the way the installer wants to name it.

Tried that, it didn't like it. I'll try Softmonkey's suggestion when I get orund to trying again.

Back