*yawn* New STALKER screenshots (medium settings)...(ii56K warning!!)

For those of you interested in STALKER, a BIG group of the dev team are leaving GSC after the game's completion to work on a new game that is what STALKER was supposed to be, called Metro 2033.

Linkage please.

For those of you interested in STALKER, a BIG group of the dev team are leaving GSC after the game's completion to work on a new game that is what STALKER was supposed to be, called Metro 2033.

wasnt that what happened at the very beginning of the project when half the team left to make Boiling point? ..good idea extremely poor execution

I cba to dig up the linkage right now but if you look around at Oblivion-Lost.net you'll find it, people there have good contacts with some of the people on the team so.:)
Btw, CptStern, I didn't know the Deep Shadow ex-GSC people worked on STALKER? Iirc they only worked on Codename: Outbreak! Besides, I would say this is far more closer to STALKER than Boiling Point(Which is a good game these days with the patch imo), because it's also 'post-apocalyptic', has monsters etc, heck, from the vids it even looks like the same engine as STALKER.
Edit: Among the ex-GSC members is apparently no one less than the ex-project leader Andrew 'Prof' Prokhorov, speaking of Metro 2033.:)

Very good news indeed. Gracias.

I expect Stalker to disappoint most people. I never really followed development too closely, but it was expected to be groundbreaking several years ago. Apparently, many of the gameplay elements have been cut, and, despite the graphics engine updates, it's not like the graphics are of unseen quality. This would have blown anyone away two and a half years ago, now we've seen FEAR graphics, and Crysis is probably going to ship before this, too.

I may well be wrong, but it all doesn't ring good to me, particularly given how much was changed/taken out over time.

I have been waiting for this game for years, and I still can't wait for it to come out. I just hope it it wasn't dumbed down like people say; that would be a shit-kicker.

Still, the graphics are the most realistic looking I have seen (both FEAR and Crysis look like plastic).

lol, i wonder if this game is every going to come out.

I ponder that same question, but I really think it's going to be released this time.

Not that I care or anything, I lost interest the first time I heard the word "canceled" or whatever the hell they called it. I guess they finally decided to really scratch together what they had and release a terrible game.

Not to say this is going to be terrible, but in a sense, it is going to be compared to what I, and everyone else, was expecting it to be.

The sky textures is all I have left in this game that still impress me, everything else looks blah, plus the supposed gameplay cut backs.

Back