Yay I get Half Life 2.. i need help!

SsmitzZ

Reaction score
ok guys its been almost a year of oogling the display box in the local game store 2day is the day i have enuf cash to get it (i just neva got aroudn to saving) :) ok i need to no if its worth it my system may not handle it so can u give me ur opinion if it will im running a

p4 2.0 processor
512 ram
ati radeon 9250 120meg

um thats all i can think of iv gone run- dxdiag so if u would like to no any other importent info please ask thanl you so much for your help .. (dont mind my messy spelling)

what about graphic quaulity an stuff should i leave them on default? or lower them

Keep the graphics a little bit on the low side, and you should be able to pull off 1024x768.

it's your graphics card that's the bottleneck in this case, but it will still work on low settings

The game does a great job of automatically setting up an appropriate default for your system settings.

Ultimape said:
The game does a great job of automatically setting up an appropriate default for your system settings.
this is true...

Yeah, you probably won't even need to change the settings, it will scale them automatiaclly.

Look, isn't there recommended specs on the back of the box? :dozey:

Sulkdodds said:
Look, isn't there recommended specs on the back of the box? :dozey:
See, I was going to say this too. I'm not being malicious, but every PC game does list minimum and recommended requirements on the box.

Oh yeah. There's a forum called Community Game Support for this kind of stuff as well.

In fact, who would support a thread that simply said 'This is not where to post technical problems you're having with HL2. Go here (linky).'?

Back