Yay! It made the news!

ray_MAN

Tank
Reaction score
I was listening to the radio yesterday. And they were talking about Vivendi and they said:
" Vivendi thinks that they will be up [in stocks] once the video game, that they are publishing, Half Life 2 comes out."
Not to exciting but just thought I should post it...:afro:

IF I had a decent amount of money Id probably buy Valve and Vivendi stock right now.

It was in New York and it was CBS 880.
And buying stock in VALVe and Vivendi is a good idea...

i think those stocks are gonna go ballistic at 30 september lol

I am buying my first stock today and it is in VALVe.

this might be a really stupid question, but how much for a valve stock??

valve are an entirely privately owned company, so there are not shares for them. Sorry - gabe and co make all the money, and they haven't had shareholders on their back for the past 5 years, so they could just make the best game they could...

NOoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need my VALVe stock... Oh well on to Vivendi then.

Vivendi stock is gonna skyrocket after the release of HL2 and CS2 (whenever it comes out).
And if you've got more money to spend on high tech stock, buy ATI, whenever I hear stocks on the news, ATI is always going up. And when they release the 9900 they're gonna get a huge boost.

You guys arent missing the key point here, Valve is not a public stock, you cant just 'Buy' stock in them. Vivendi is, valve is not

Originally posted by nickanderson
You guys arent missing the key point here, Valve is not a public stock, you cant just 'Buy' stock in them. Vivendi is, valve is not

this has been addressed.

Originally posted by Sushi
Vivendi stock is gonna skyrocket after the release of HL2 and CS2 (whenever it comes out).
And if you've got more money to spend on high tech stock, buy ATI, whenever I hear stocks on the news, ATI is always going up. And when they release the 9900 they're gonna get a huge boost.

Yes. Do buy ATi stock. Not only will the release of the 9900 help, but Microsoft has also signed ATi to produce their next generation graphics chips for the XBOX 2. And yes, Microsoft is making an XBOX 2. They have the money to waste on it, and after the original XBOX, it shows that Microsoft is capable of making a competitive gaming console. Sure, the original XBOX didn't do so well in sales, but how many people out there that you know of didn't buy an XBOX because it was made by Microsoft and everybody has this 'thing' against MS, and that it's original controller was big? If you ask me, the XBOX is a superior system. The PS3 and XBOX 2 will be the future kings of the consoles. Nintendo is gonna stay right where they are....

Originally posted by Letters
I REALLY wouldn't buy Vivendi stock right now...

For those of you wondering why, VU is currently in negotiations to be bought by someone...so unless you like risks, you might want to hold out on buying the stock.

Or at least do some research.

anyways, where would i go, IF i were to buy ati or viendi stocks? i
dont know anything about stocks.

Vivendi is a huge media corporation... I doubt HL2 will effect it much.

And as said they are probably going to be bought out by another media corporation.. wheee.. 6 major companies controlling all media.. super.

If you want to see the stocks, just tune on to Bloomberg (sp?) and they show the VU stocks once in a while. This channel might only be available in the US though.

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
how much is ATI?
I believe ATI is around 15-20 dollars on the Toronto Stock Exchange

Back