Yeah, it's dumb.

Zenith Lee

Reaction score

I loved messing with npc_replace_model in SMod.

But in most cases it won't work right. (Missing animations)

So I started learning how to use the SDK.

And did a lot of dumb stuff with it.

Despite the fact that Orange Box broke EVERY development tool that is breakable. :|

d1trainstation030000np3.jpg

And no, I never used Garry's Mod. Not yet.

lol moar, this has potential for funny.

What are you doing with those bikini models though.

Poor combine. :(

I bet there's a strider somewhere being forced to stab a styrofoam cup and throw it away.

The girls in bikini filled the ranks for the combine and CPs.

By Gordon Freeman the new Administrator himself. :p

--
It started out as a simple "experiment" of switching the Combine and citizens around. It went wrong a few minutes later. :cheese:

I sort of pulled every model from Korin's Mod (best mod ever after SMod... But that's just me). Had to recompile them with CP and Combine animations though. Unfortunately their shoulders were forced wider because... well the Combine has broader shoulders.

There is phong shading and HDR in your images, and the texture qualities are so high! How?

There is phong shading and HDR in your images, and the texture qualities are so high! How?

The sort-of HDR is the bloom and fake-exposure effect of the new version of SMod. They did a VERY nice job imitating it. A resource hog though. (It's not just blooming. The overall brightness level actually changes when you go from a bright area to a darker one -- just like the "real" HDR in ep1+ does. That's why I say the author of SMod did a very nice job.)

I don't know anything about phong shading. I did not touch the shaders (don't know how. :|). But if you're talking about the specular highlight on the combine helmet, I just increased the environment map level when I was tinkering with the textures, so they are more reflective and "oily".

Texture maps are as high as you can get in vanilla HL2... I didn't change any of that.

But if you're talking about the specular highlight on the combine helmet, I just increased the environment map level when I was tinkering with the textures, so they are more reflective and "oily".

How do you do this?

The environment map mask is combinesoldiershet_mask.vtf in materials/Models/Combine_soldier

Just extract it and photoshop it. (Change the brightness/contrast etc) The brighter a certain part is, the more reflective they'll be. (White = chrome/mirror look)

You'd need GCFscape and vtf plugin of course.

I don't know if it's intentional, but Kathar's Gordon model rigged the facial expressions in such an interesting way, I laughed out loud quite a few times in the office scene.

Back