YeY, hackers..

Jimmo

Reaction score
Hadn't played HL2Dm in a while. so after the new update I thought i would try it out again, I was having lots of fun until this guy joins called "You Kill Me, I Kill Your HL2" and yes, he was hacking, and what a beaut it was,

As you can see, he was invisible!! YeY, all you can see if his gun, so we had no easy way of killing him, he gets to 30 soemthing - 0 and somebody kills him, guess what it made the server crash. At the time i thought it was a genuine server crash, so after this i go into another server, and Yes, he comes in here too!! and again gets to 34-0 before i smash a radiator in his face, and YiPee, the server crashes.

Sorry if this has been posted before but it truely pissed me off and ruined the game for me. Anybody else experienced this?

Jimmo said:
Hadn't played HL2Dm in a while. so after the new update I thought i would try it out again, I was having lots of fun until this guy joins called "You Kill Me, I Kill Your HL2" and yes, he was hacking, and what a beaut it was,

As you can see, he was invisible!! YeY, all you can see if his gun, so we had no easy way of killing him, he gets to 30 soemthing - 0 and somebody kills him, guess what it made the server crash. At the time i thought it was a genuine server crash, so after this i go into another server, and Yes, he comes in here too!! and again gets to 34-0 before i smash a radiator in his face, and YiPee, the server crashes.

Sorry if this has been posted before but it truely pissed me off and ruined the game for me. Anybody else experienced this?

:eek: Hacks already?
Hurry the hell up, VAC2!

Its not a hack, he changed his model, here I'll show you...

He changed his model to a hula doll or something.

LOL! sucks to be you then :p you got pwnd from a hula doll - imagine telling your mates that one ;)

i saw a thread earlier on this, but it was a seagull that was the model

Seagulls don't crash the server. Birds have ragdoll animations. Hula dolls, on the other hand, don't. So they crash.

Y'know what's really vicious? Changing your model to a health pack. (Yes, that one, too, will crash the server.)

There has been a rash of headcrabs running around on Steamlab lately.

M2k3 said:
Its not a hack, he changed his model, here I'll show you...

He changed his model to a hula doll or something.

all the same wether you apply the technical term of hacking or not...he was ruining the fun for others by giving himself an unfair advantage...

best thing to do in these cases is simply to leave the server for another one...unless admins are present.

Uni-Ball said:
i saw a thread earlier on this, but it was a seagull that was the model

'twas my thread. But I killed the seagull, no crash.

There is a thread that goes into detail about the crashes.

.syL said:
*laughsoutreallyreallyloud*

Thank you, you made my day. :)
Haha, I get your drift... but this is no joke. This happened to me once on crossfire2 (before the update), and I guess the guy WAS telling the truth when he said he wasn't invisible/hacking, but it was still very frustrating.

If Valve doesn't fix this very soon, it'll "infect" more servers and turn players away from HL2DM in droves.

Hell, I don't have a problem if people just mess around with it. There are few things more hilarious than a headcrab running around crowbarring people. Actually trying to own people with the trick is stupid and annoying, though.

I have another hacker who crashes my server 6 times in the last two weeks. He only joins for about 10 seconds then sends my my SCRDS.exe cpu to 97% then jets out of the server.

The Name is "Kid Speeding" his IP address is on the Asia Pacific Network according to Arin.net.
since my server CPU is locked I cannot copy or paste the info and I lose the logs as the cpu is too bogged down to copy info.
I get to open the console tag and see that he was the last on on the server. I have banned him 4 times, but he seems to have a limitless supply of Steam IDs as they are all different.
The last time, this morning, I had the brains to remote into the server and screenshot the info.

How insane...people need to find better things to do with their time than cheat... :angry:

wow.. hacks for hl2DM already? :eek: :eek: There is no point to get cheap kills in an outstanding game! KILL HIM!!! (oh yea u can't, he hacks)

thats insane...although probably funny if you could actually see the hula-doll bobbling its way towards you...Grand having custom skins, just would prefer if they didnt give the player a huge advantage (like something like this)...

Yes I saw this problem for my first time today.. I was contemplating posting the one-line console command to change your model.. but that will just encourage those little pricks to cut and paste it and do it on every server.. those of us with enough brains to figure it out on our own can do so... so anyway.. I was in a server that had dm_steamlab running, and this kid comes in.. starts playing as a headcrab.. he was all excited.. starts spamming the server with "i'm invisible.. yayyy" and then with "ooo i'm a headcrab".. shit like that... so he runs around murdering everyone, because the hitbox on a headcrab is rediculously tiny.. and I got pissed off enough to go find out how to do it, and then share it with the rest of the server to level the playing field..so I searched the web a bit, and turned up nothing.. then I realized that I could just figure it out for myself.. so with the "find" command, I was able to figure it out in no time... I first tried to change my model to something (i forget what it was), and I killed myself to see if it worked.. and it crashed the server.. sorry :/ I tested it out on my own server.. and it does seem that if there is no ragdoll animation, the server goes down... that's what makes the headcrab so good.. however, I'm not sure that you can do that on every server, since I believe the model has to be loaded.. and it just so happens that there's a headcrab loaded in steamlab, because there's one caged up in that room.

Anyway.. if someone wants to know how to do it.. PM me.. otherwise I'll leave that up to google.. but i do suggest that Valve do something about this, because while it's fun to play games of heacrabs vs. humans.. it's annoying when people crash the server.. and the worst part of it all is that there are many ways to crash an HL2 server, but they all require sv_cheats to be turned on.. this one does not...

--Jimbro

lol i though the headcrab was funny at first but it got annoying obviously and then the guy started having a big argument with me saying its not cheating,hmm an unfair advantage like this over everyone else is cheating pal :eek:

In three hours of gameplay, I've just run into three invisible players. Not surprisingly, one of them was a fyg0t.

The good news is that they were all so horrendously bad that they lost anyways, and one was permabanned from a server.

yea i don't understand why some people waste their times with stuff like that. just play the damn game. if you suck at it then accept that, if you're good at it, well then it's still a damn game and it proves nothing really productive in my view. i met a dood who changed his model into something that pretty much made him invisible, his name was blank too so hovering the reticule over his model turned up nothing. he got +40-0 record in lockdown and i was just wondering: why the hell would you play through 20 mins of a computer game that will prolly be boring to you if you know people can't kill you? anyways those that play fairly in whatever you do, whether computer game of in your own lives, cheers to you :cheers:

I have to admit, I've done the headcrab thing a couple times.

But I only used the crowbar/stunstick. Which gave me about my usual ratio.

Just an FYI, the crowbar totally pwns bad headcrab players, if you're having trouble hitting them.

Mechagodzilla said:
In three hours of gameplay, I've just run into three invisible players. Not surprisingly, one of them was a fyg0t.

The good news is that they were all so horrendously bad that they lost anyways, and one was permabanned from a server.

I dont know why, but they're all so bad for a "clan" that says they're so good.
I've never seen a member that was any good... actually, AFAIK, I've outscored everyone I've come across with that in their tag- even with them cheating.

i was playing on a server today, and there was an invisible guy.
he claimed it was through a console command.

Yay! It has been announced by the Steam news that they're releasing a patch for this tommorow!

Yea, but many of the times people were using non-player models, there was no death animation and when they were killed, so was the server. Bye bye - now where can we play?

This morning there were only 100 operation HL2dm servers, the rest had been brought down by the exploit and its effects on servers. My server was one of them.

Seems like every time I go on dm_steamlabs, there is atleast one and it really bugs me.

Once I saw a guy had no model at all, I asked what he used (snidely, not to know, but to insult him) and he said it was custom...from...my-g0t (why is this censored?)!!! Teh noes!!! I thought these pricks stayed in CS...

Some new exploits to be aware of. Big thanks to those who discovered these.

1. *Model exploit*

2. *Invisiblity exploit*

As always these are posted to make admins, players and the game programers aware of these serious bugs within the game.

***** test and approved. Enjoy.

Found this on their site. Posted for people to be aware of the bugs my tuckus, these guys have the nerve to post this.

:lol: I had people whining at me for ages today because I made myself fully invisible.

Put it this way, theres a few hours left before Valve patch it, Im gonna abuse it and have fun. Its only a game - its not even a serious game like CSS.

Seeing people get so angry made me laugh so hard.

yadayada said:
yea i don't understand why some people waste their times with stuff like that. just play the damn game. if you suck at it then accept that, if you're good at it, well then it's still a damn game and it proves nothing really productive in my view. i met a dood who changed his model into something that pretty much made him invisible, his name was blank too so hovering the reticule over his model turned up nothing. he got +40-0 record in lockdown and i was just wondering: why the hell would you play through 20 mins of a computer game that will prolly be boring to you if you know people can't kill you? anyways those that play fairly in whatever you do, whether computer game of in your own lives, cheers to you :cheers:

I just experienced this...what a fag...still killed him though...

I have never cheated, but surely it must be like playing single player in god mode.
the whole idea behind any game is to challenge you, going round knowing that it is virtually impossible to be killed is not challenging.
I doubt there is anyway to stop them, maybe somebody should set up a seperate server for cheats only :D

Why doesn't HL2DM do custom models the way CS 1.5 did? (You can see them, but other people see what they have.)

Why doesn't HL2DM do custom models the way CS 1.5 did? (You can see them, but other people see what they have.)

--EDIT: It somehow double-posted. I appologize for this. I have no delete option on either post. Sorry. :eek:

Met some of them today. They still didn't stand a chance against me. :)

I think I also noted a SteamID, unfortunately no demo's.

Faulk_Wulf said:

Everyone *does* have the model they're using... they're not swapping the file of their player model for something different, they're using a different model from the game for their player model.

I get so pissed when I see a floating gun. It's just so cheap and retarded.

mjrhzrd said:
Yea, but many of the times people were using non-player models, there was no death animation and when they were killed, so was the server. Bye bye - now where can we play?

This morning there were only 100 operation HL2dm servers, the rest had been brought down by the exploit and its effects on servers. My server was one of them.

Actually.. it only crashes the client.. it was a client-side problem.. so if you were running a listen server, then the server would go down with your client, but if it was a dedicated server, then just the clients would all crash, but the server would remain up. Listen servers are unreliable anyway... you should all be running dedicated servers if you're serious about hosting.

azz0r said:
:lol: I had people whining at me for ages today because I made myself fully invisible.

Put it this way, theres a few hours left before Valve patch it, Im gonna abuse it and have fun. Its only a game - its not even a serious game like CSS.

Seeing people get so angry made me laugh so hard.

Haha.. after dealing with this thing for the past weak, I have come to agree with you.. I mean if you don't do things that crash the server, then it's all good fun.. it is just a game.. and like you said.. it's not even a serious game haha... and I know I crack up when people start freaking out because they are being owned by a little headcrab... and for those of us who know how to do it, you see how it's not even a "hack".. it's a thing that Valve allowed us to do.. perhaps they didn't forsee the abuse.. but whatever.. it's just a game... invisible is one thing (although it's hilarious and fun ahah), but I see no problem with becoming a headcrab.. it's just another character.. and it just adds another level of gameplay to an otherwise dry multiplayer version of the awesome SP game.

Well.. that's all.. I believe the patch is done now, although I haven't tested to see if the patch actually worked :p

--Jim :thumbs:

Back