You are playing HL2!

FreemanHL2

Reaction score
You do realise you are playing Half-life 2?

CS:S is a bunch of multiplayer levels that use the source engine, the gameplay in CS:S is identical to that of HL2! You are basically playing a MP beta demo of HL2!

After all this time the wait is over and people are actually playing the game, it has just been introduced to them in such a way that they don't even realise it! VAVLe are probably using this to get reactions from the public about the game, this will probably ease their nerves a bit!

This is a way of slowly introducing SOURCE to the public without getting the harsh and direct critisism associated with a full release!
YOU ARE PLAYING HL2!!!

Yes, I did realise that too :) It's incredible, I love HL2, I love Gabe..I love everything on it, it's the best game ever!

just because its made on the same engine doesnt mean they are the same game :| or play the same :rolleyes:

Definatly, "Counter Terrorists win!" Is different then "Welcome to City17...It's safer here." =]

Cs:S is not just HL2's multiplayer i believe someone emailed gabe (should be somewhere in the hl2's only info from valve thread) and Hl2 will include standard deathmatch.

Cs:S and HL2 are Vastly diffrent.
Cs:S's gameplay is nothing like that of HL\HL2.
Theres a big diffrence dude.
Cs:S is a port from Counter-Srike to Hl2's engine "Source".
Counter-Strike was oringally a mod to Half-Life.
A Total Conversion mod that has nothing at all to do with Half-Life.
You understand?

Well same and different, but still you see Source at work.

not to be rude.. but your a retard :p just kidding... the games wont be anything alike.. just like what minerel said.

OK, retard.. just kidding hahahahahaha!!!

remember Half-Life 1? remember counterstrike?

They were different, they played different, they were not the same game, right?
But counterstrike was a MOD for HL1 and therefore both games used the same engine and had a lot of similarities, when playing counterstrike you could tell you were playing a half-life game. They were fundamentally the same game.

This is the same, I say no more. RETARD (I will never let that down, lol).

PS: Ofcourse counterstrike source hasn't fully utilized what the engine has to offer, so this just scratches the surface.

FreemanHL2 said:
OK, retard.. just kidding hahahahahaha!!!

remember Half-Life 1? remember counterstrike?

They were different, they played different, they were not the same game, right?
But counterstrike was a MOD for HL1 and therefore both games used the same engine and had a lot of similarities, when playing counterstrike you could tell you were playing a half-life game. They were fundamentally the same game.

This is the same, I say no more. RETARD (I will never let that down, lol).

PS: Ofcourse counterstrike source hasn't fully utilized what the engine has to offer, so this just scratches the surface.

OMGWTF RETARD WE ARN'T LISTENING TOO YOU ANYMORE, LOL, Just joking there, no pun intended.

It does more then scratches the surface! It drowns the user in Gabe's aura of uberness! :bounce:

I think the VALVe team needs to take credit for this game.
Let's not give Gabe all the credit, VALVe rule!!!

TBH, I've never played a CS game as long as I did with the beta (like 25 rounds).

All in all: Valve did what they set out to do.

Just because it uses the same engine as Half-Life 2 it is Half-Life 2? So by that definition Vampires The Masquerade: Bloodlines is also Half-Life 2?

mortiz said:
Just because it uses the same engine as Half-Life 2 it is Half-Life 2? So by that definition Vampires The Masquerade: Bloodlines is also Half-Life 2?

I played with you mort...I think you killed me a bunch of times. I wish I could change my screen name...I am "(1) unnamed." I share it with 2 other people though. :cheese:

FreemanHL2 said:
WOW!!! i never knew that!

man, for a retard, you are REALLY observant! give this guy a medal!

Back