You can drop a cat from the Eiffel tower and it will survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glo-Boy said:
EDIT: And by the way, the cat dies. Hands down. F-cking throw YOUR cat off of a building and see what happens. You won't, that's right, because you don't want it to die.

That's logical. "The cat will die as a direct result of your distaste for the act of throwing it. Physical forces and the strength of the cat's structure are irrelevant."

Glo-Boy said:
Spelling and grammatical errors are huge pet peeves of mine too.

EDIT: And by the way, the cat dies. Hands down. F-cking throw YOUR cat off of a building and see what happens. You won't, that's right, because you don't want it to die.

The funny part is that 95% of cats survive. So your actually very wrong.

Glirk Dient said:
The funny part is that 95% of cats survive. So your actually very wrong.
Dear god...you people don't listen to each other about anything, this is THE most pointless argument which doesn't have a definitive answer. It goes round and round. Physics can not answer this question, because its always a different situation. Now please...after all the time wasted on the subject, leave it!

If you drop this thread from the Eiffel tower it will die

*Hectic Glenn drops thread from Eiffel tower onto concrete and it splats thread all over the floor*

MATH WILL NOT ANSWER THIS QUESTION! 95 persent meens you will drop it one time and it will live then the next time it will not or somthing like that!

Hectic Glenn said:
Dear god...you people don't listen to each other about anything, this is THE most pointless argument which doesn't have a definitive answer. It goes round and round. Physics can not answer this question, because its always a different situation. Now please...after all the time wasted on the subject, leave it!

*Hectic Glenn drops thread from Eiffel tower onto concrete and it splats thread all over the floor*

We in this thread may not be able to prove with physics(there are waay to many variables).

However...the veterinary study is fact. 95% of cats falling from 7-32 stories survived.

Hectic Glenn said:

Not to be rude or anything but if you dont like about what we are arguing about then well.... Leave the thread not that hard

Blackghost905 said:
Not to be rude or anything but if you dont like about what we are arguing about then well.... Leave the thread not that hard
I have many times, i'm saving peoples time rather than this going round in circles. Who are you anyway, you joined this month you've clearly posted like crazy...i don't even know who you are and your telling me what to do. This is interesting. Not to be rude? Well you are kthxbai.

Samon smells fishy, the cats are coming for you.

edit: blackghost hes talking about glo-boy double posting, theres no need for you to post (again) when it doesnt concern you...

Actually, this sounds like it would be true. Think about it, cats can jump from counter tops, ect. with no problem, whereas if we were to jump from a relative hieght (To us it would be around what, 30 to 40 feet?) Chance's are we would die or break our legs.

Anyway, "Here kitty kitty..."

We're quite fragile creatures.

Well, everyone except Short Recoil.

Blackghost905 said:
MATH WILL NOT ANSWER THIS QUESTION! 95 persent meens you will drop it one time and it will live then the next time it will not or somthing like that!

Statisically, it means if you drop your cat 20 times it will die. (95% is 1/20 chance)

But then again, there are many more factors. Maybe the 5% that died were obese/sick/phsyicially unfit.

I find it amusing that these kind of threads (Same a 0.999... = 1) always split up into two sides:
Those who argue using science, math and statistics, who provide proof and sources.
Those who argue against those proofs, sources and statistics without providing any of their own.

I'm not saying it makes one sides superior or mor right against the other, I just found it socioscientifically interesting.

Hectic Glenn said:
I have many times, i'm saving peoples time rather than this going round in circles. Who are you anyway, you joined this month you've clearly posted like crazy...i don't even know who you are and your telling me what to do. This is interesting. Not to be rude? Well you are kthxbai.

Samon smells fishy, the cats are coming for you.

edit: blackghost hes talking about glo-boy double posting, theres no need for you to post (again) when it doesnt concern you...
Im not telling you what to do, Im simply suggesting if you dont like what is being argued about here then go to a diffrent thread

:LOL: Only a handful of posts after Samon says something about Glo-Boy double posting... Blackghost905 does it.

I recommend a tactical e-nuke. Go on, it'll make you feel better.

TheSomeone said:
FUR HAS NOTHING, NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. PLEASE, FOR THE LAST TIME, LOOK AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND:

^ DO YOU SEE FUR FACTORED IN ANYWHERE HERE? NO. YET I GOT THE CORRECT TERMINAL VELOCITY. BUT DO YOU SEE WEIGHT (right hand side of the equation, mass times gravity)? DO YOU SEE AREA? YES YOU DO VERY MUCH.

Christ, posting science and math stuff here makes me realize how ignorant you all are.

Actually, yes. The fur would be factored in with the drag coefficient.

I say we all SHUT UP, and pitch in and buy a tabby and tickets to France for TheSomeone. Settle this once and for all.

Actually TheSomeone you also didn't factor in surface area. Surface area and weight determine drag. Fur adds to the surface area of the cat and further increases drag.

*Drops everyone off the Eiffel Tower*

This has gone too far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back