You have bad taste in music

SubKamran said:
Where do people get off in telling people what they can and can't listen too? Music is something everyone has a different taste in.

Nobody gives a f*ck if you think that band is a poser or sucks, it sounds good to me.

God I hate all of this crap. I listen to SOAD, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Bad Religion, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Guns 'N Roses, Godsmack, Guster, Control Denied, Judas Priest, Death, Melissa Auf Der Maur, and Matchbox 20. How the HELL can you judge me by what I listen to?

Do I listen to mainstream? Yes. Do I explore more music? Yes. There you have it folks.

Retards. :|

You should stop listening to Linkin park it's making you "angry" you wuss :LOL:

CB | Para said:
You should stop listening to Linkin park it's making you "angry" you wuss :LOL:

Lol, my mom likes them, so I listen to them in the car. I'm getting sick of it though, I try to put on Priest or Bad Religion instead.

I'll be honest though, the bands like Linkin Park and Evanescence rock for about 1 week then I have to go back to the oldies. :p

I dont get it? The site only has a page with bugger all content and a few videos. I think he should at least expand a little. And yes Linkin park does suck :thumbs:
/me pours can on petrol on fire

anyone who thinks Nickelback is crap is ok by me ...god I hate half the bands listed on the first page ...a collection of cliched poseur rock bands and talentless boytoys (I'm referring to Justin).

I hate people who think they have the right to judge about other people's taste. Dumb f*cking assholes. Especially if they're trying to be funny and witty, but are so obviously not.

"O yeah, we're so elite, we know what we're talking about, listen to us and change your taste to our bidding."

Who the f*ck are you to say what's good and bad music? Precisely, so STFU.

PvtRyan said:
I hate people who think they have the right to judge about other people's taste. Dumb f*cking assholes..

oohhh the irony :E

thefiznut said:
I find freedom of speech is a very touchy thing. People are quick to exclaim their rights, but also quick to tell someone else they can't.
Read A Clockwork Orange (don't watch the film) - it brings up all kinds of touchy issues concerning freedom of choice; specifically, what if someone chooses to do bad things? Can we tell them they can't because it conflicts with our choices?
Anyway, some fuel for the fire...
Evanescnece are rubbish. They're whiny, samey and the only thing that sets them apart from too many American Nu-Metal bands is that they have a female singer. Whose voice is merely above average. Excuse me whilst I do backflips with excitement. The best thing that I can think to say about Evanescense is that at least they're not Rasmus.
:) Sorry - if people like Nu-Metal, then fair do's that's up to them; I used to like it too. As far as I'm concerned it's utterly dire. And as for Rasmus, they ought to be publicly tortured. They're playing the Reading festival this year, and they're going to get bottled off stage so I guess I'll get my wish after all.
Mr-Fusion, cheers for mentioning classical music. It doesn't get a lot of recognition these days. It can be so beautiful and so very very wonderful.

CptStern said:
oohhh the irony :E

Oh not really irony, I won't say they have bad taste by saying Linkin Park or whatever are bad bands, that's their taste, I'm saying they are dumb assholes that proclaim their opinions like a fact and act like they know it all and everyone who doesn't agree has bad taste.

ya true .....but they arent too far off the mark ...I mean does anyone over the age of 12 listen to Justin Timberlake? if there are then they deserve what they get ...to be rediculed like the tools that they are :)

CptStern said:
ya true .....but they arent too far off the mark ...I mean does anyone over the age of 12 listen to Justin Timberlake? if there are then they deserve what they get

What matters is that they think they've got it right and somehow have the nerve to tell people what's right and wrong to listen to.
If they did that stuff in front of a concert with a band that makes music by slamming on trashbins, they would still be idiots for thinking they have the right to judge about taste.

I like Linkin Park. A lot of their songs show genuine talent. It's just that they're too afraid to divert from what they've been doing for ther whole career, in fear of alienating their fanbase. Staind are the same, and Evanesence are just trying to be some sort of pop-friendly Lacuna Coil that doesn't really work.

if you want music that is not only honest and popular, but doesn't conform to mainstream ideals in music, check out Slipknot's new album. I never liked them before (in fact I found them annoying), but this new stuff is incredible. That Rick Rubin can do amazing things. One of the best albums I've heard all year, and hundreds of miles ahead of everything else they've done.

This is not a shotty thread. You expressed your opinion, I expressed mine. I'm cool with being a dumb ****ing asshole. :cheers:

all those bands suck. tchaikovsky, mozart, or handel contributed more in their time than all of the cookie cutter, untalented bands out there now. its hilarious actually.

you people are getting the wrong message, he isnt saying the bands suck (even though they do)he's saying people infatuated with these celebrity (christina, justin etc) 'musicians' is stupid, and its true.

Most mainstream is clithe and unoriginal and I would go as far as to say that most mainstream artists arn't even artists and have no real talent... Thank God for this man and his opinions. Most Mainstream music is an image not art.

Haha that's some great stuff on that website.... bookmarked!

I won't even talk about music, it's just one of those topics where arguments never end.

I like how people say that they have the right to listen to their bad music, but don't we have the right to say it blows?

I HATE Evanescence. HATE. Its....I don't know, just hated them from the beginning. Sorry Shuzer, please dont kill me.

Dalamari said:
I like how people say that they have the right to listen to their bad music, but don't we have the right to say it blows?

You have the right to say it blows, I just don't think you have the right to try and force your opinion on us and try to change our opinion.

Nice debate/semi flame war you got going on here :). One thing I have to point out, to all you guys who won't listen to mainstream music, is this: Where do you think the artists in the "underground" are trying to go?? Obviously, they want more fans, which mainstream gives, which equals more money in the end...yes, they might love their music, but they are also trying to make some money!!

Even better is people that won't listen to their once favorite band because they took out a video on MTV.... which to the band is a major step in their career lol
OMG TH3Y WENT M4INSTR34M!!11

I've watched the first video on the site (Christina Aguilera/Justin Timberlake concert).

Then I read this thread.

You people really can't take a joke and/or have incredibly short fuses when it comes to the music you love.

So what if a guy bashes you because of your taste in music. He has the right to do so, even in the manner he chose, which was actually quite funny. I'm sure you would all have laughed if he would have done the exact same thing at a Milli Vanilli concert (or am I offending any Milli Vanilli fans now???)

ReDGuNNeR said:
Nice debate/semi flame war you got going on here :). One thing I have to point out, to all you guys who won't listen to mainstream music, is this: Where do you think the artists in the "underground" are trying to go?? Obviously, they want more fans, which mainstream gives, which equals more money in the end...yes, they might love their music, but they are also trying to make some money!!

Even better is people that won't listen to their once favorite band because they took out a video on MTV.... which to the band is a major step in their career lol
OMG TH3Y WENT M4INSTR34M!!11
hating mainstream based on the fact that is mainstream is one of the dumbest things ever frankly.

however 'going mainstream' for some bands means changing their sound or conforming to a record label's demands(certain type of song, language use, etc)

but then you can stop liking them because they changed, and not because they are mainstream. so my point stands.

Music is music.....people will listen to whatever the hell they wanna listen to (Unless you only listen to what MTV tells you to). Personly I don't like mainstream bands (most), and I'm not gonna tell you what I like cuz no one cares.

The problem with mainstream music today is that it's all commercial. It's packaged pressed and sold to reap as much money as humanly possible. This isn't right for an art form.

I'm not saying you should be judged for listening to shitty music (ala Justin Timberlake), it's just that all this crap clogs the industry and leaves nothing left for music that means something. Artists that learn their instruments, come together through life (not through goddamn reality tv) and create music that's original, inventive and has something to say, have no room anymore.

Music today is literally meant to be thrown away. The industry creats a song out of a formula (listen to how 90% of popular music reaches the "hook" within something like 30 seconds), releases it for all the screaming ignorants, then 2 weeks later they forget about it for the next glorious catchy tune released through (and I use "through" very strongly) the likes of Britney and Christina. They don't write their shit, they don't play anything, they just have an image, that's it. Granted they have a voice (to a degree), but half the time their vocals are tuned, even live.

Ugh.. I could go on and on..

I doubt we will ever see another Zeppelin, Metallica or any legendary bands come along for a LONG time. As said above.

"Music today is literally meant to be thrown away. The industry creats a song out of a formula (listen to how 90% of popular music reaches the "hook" within something like 30 seconds), releases it for all the screaming ignorants, then 2 weeks later they forget about it for the next glorious catchy tune released "

Artists don't put any sweat or blood into their music anymore, it's just slap a new beat and change the lyrics around a bit and you got a hit. Listen to Linkin Park (I don't care if I'm offending any LP fans) all their songs are the same, sure maybe some variety, but I can hardly tell the difference between one song or the other.

Something isn't bad just because you don't like it, something is bad when no-one likes it.

Back