Your Best + Hated Chapter's

CombinePolice

Reaction score
I don't know if there is a thread about this already buut now i would like to know your favourite or hated chapters on HL2

I hate : Ravenholm - Chapter 6

I like : Black Mesa East (When playing with grav gun) - Chapter 5

Ok good luck!

Like : Our Benefactors

Hate : (All the chapters with the airboat, there was just too much of it)

I gotta say I didn't really like the citadel to much...

I loved when you just come out of the mines, and the sun is coming up, it was nice to see daylight.

Anti-citizen one was my favourite.

Liked:Anti citizen one
Hated:Tie between Ravenholm and the airboat chapters

Replying

I loved when you just come out of the mines, and the sun is coming up, it was nice to see daylight.

Me to i liked that daylight

But i hated the fast zombie who jumped me after i came out

Ravenholm was great, but didn't complete the bit where you're storming the citadel.

Too much vehicle action though.

I thought the vehicle action was good, but they were just a touch too long and became kind of annoying to complete.

Fave: Nova Prospekt

Worst: Sandtraps (the driving part of it anyway)

Fave: Chapter 1 (Point Insertion, or whatever it's called)
Love/Hate: Ravenholm. Genius, immersive, but too damn scary :p
Hated: Anticitizen One, TBH

stigmata said:
Fave: Chapter 1 (Point Insertion, or whatever it's called)
Love/Hate: Ravenholm. Genius, immersive, but too damn scary :p
Hated: Anticitizen One, TBH
I agree with your view on Ravenholm. I love the chapter but I'm almost too scared to play it :(

CombinePolice said:
Me to i liked that daylight

But i hated the fast zombie who jumped me after i came out

Same here,
You have just slogged your way through hundreds of them and the relief of seeing the light....then theres more, I thought it was a lapse of judgement to have fast zombies in C17....strange decision.

Hmm. I'd say Ravenholm I loved, but I hated it.

So.. Entanglement was alright, but I hated the second fighting part... With the turrets.. gah.

Love: Follow Freeman: Because it requires the most skill. Route Canals: The chapter flows well.

Hate: I kindof loved them all.

I love all the uprising chapters, except that one part where your team HAS to get killed (covering Alyx while she uncovers the core). I just love the whole revolution thing, and I couldn't help but be reminded of the wars in the Adriatic states. I really wished all that room to room fighting would've lasted as long as Route Kanal and Highway 17 put together. :imu:

I hated the Citadel after all your weapons were taken away. :frown: Plus you're let down by the all to sudden ending in that chapter. :|

Love=Water Hazard
Hate=am...I'll get beck to you on that

Loved-Ravnholm and the Bridge with the car (forgot the chapter)
Hated-Anything after entering the Citadel, too repetative for me

I pretty much liked all of them, especially ravenholm. If I had to pick one to be my least fav I would say...lol I don't know I can't think of my worst right now.

Samon said:
Highway 17

Cheers Samon, wasn't sure if it was Highway 17 or start of Sandtraps.

Anyway i loved that part, reminded me of the bridge level (Nijmegen sp?) on MoH:AA on PS2.

I like: Red letter day (in Kleiner´s lab) and Anticitizen1
I "hate": Ravenholm (it to me looks like zombie horror movie, not like HL...)

Evo said:
Cheers Samon, wasn't sure if it was Highway 17 or start of Sandtraps.

Anyway i loved that part, reminded me of the bridge level (Nijmegen sp?) on MoH:AA on PS2.

Yeah sandtraps starts right after. I thought the bridge was awesome too :cheers:

Good News: Yes driving a buggy/car/jeep (whatever you call it) was like a dream

Bad News : I hate the antlions

When i crossed the bridge (that was broken).......

Good News : I missed the antlion

Bad News : I missed the bridge to hehe!!

Love= Red Letter Day, and Water Hazard
Love/Hate= Ravenholm
Hate= Sandtraps

LOVED all the city levels, anticitizen one etc. Disliked the waterboat levels because they took so long.

Favorite: Airboat, except the unlocking doors part and "getting-out-of-airboat-to-solve-puzzle" parts. It was like a very excting theme park ride to me (I'm weird), and the falling chimney was :thumbs:

I hated Citadel levels. The gravity gun was exciting the first time through, but meh afterwards.

Loved Ravenholm and Anticitizen 1. Disliked the levels in the Citadel because they were too easy and generally tedious.

bam23 said:
Favorite: Airboat, except the unlocking doors part and "getting-out-of-airboat-to-solve-puzzle" parts. It was like a very excting theme park ride to me (I'm weird), and the falling chimney was :thumbs:

I hated Citadel levels. The gravity gun was exciting the first time through, but meh afterwards.
I liked the first six levels, after Ravenholm it went downhill for me :( I especially didn't like the levels that took place in C17.

How can you not like Nova Prospekt? Commanding those ant-lions is the coolest thing ever.

I loved Red Letter Day. It felt so good to have the Suit and finally a pistol. Placing bullets in combine's heads felt right at home.

I also loved the part where I JUST get the new grav gun. I WAS THE RENDER OF FLESH AND LORD OF UNAVOIDABLE DESTRUCTION.

Something about ripping a massive combine computer off of a wall, and slamming it into five combine elites who are rushing you.

Didn't like Ravenholm. Long, got tired of murdering hapless zombies. Also didn't care for the 'Destroy 5 striders' in the city levels. Just never enough ammo.

Octavian said:
I loved Red Letter Day. It felt so good to have the Suit and finally a pistol. Placing bullets in combine's heads felt right at home.

I'm sure you got the pistol at the very beginning of Route Kanal, just after Red letter day. Both awesome chapters :cheers:

Love: City 17 chapters, first chapter, Nova Prospect, Highway 17, sandtraps, end chapters (i just chucked a mental, throwing stuff at everything without thinking, plus going up the citadel was cool)

Scared of Ravenholm (i am weak)

Hate: End of route canal (waaaay too long), driving part of sandtraps, entagelment.

None were really bad though...

I thought the first 2 chapters were amazing - the most impressive i've seen in video gaming for years.

Wasn't very impressed by the long car and hover craft sections

My favorite was Raveholme; I liked killing the zombies. My least favorite was Highway 17; that car is just too hard to drive, especially when you have to go through antlion territory.

mongoose said:
that car is just too hard to drive
after all of those other great physics, you would think that valve could have made the car handle a little better/more realistically ;( ...

Lahire149 said:
after all of those other great physics, you would think that valve could have made the car handle a little better/more realistically ;( ...

I thought it was pretty good. And since it was cobbled together from spair parts, I wouldn't expect it to handle realisticly :thumbs:

Back