Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Monday 29

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • later :(

Votes: 38 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
24th, a day more than the optimist should do it ;p

I say it will go gold on the 25th just to be different :).

C'mon, HL2 is already gold. Valve is just keeping us in suspense. :E

Meh....I'll say Thursday, although I am hoping they'll announce something Tuesday.

you know i bet its whent gold already

cos if its making the 30th itll take a while to make so many copies to go to the stores.

I expect HL2 to hit Steam on the 30th and stores a week or two later.

Originally posted by Viper118
I expect HL2 to hit Steam on the 30th and stores a week or two later.

:dozey:

...no....no, I'm not gonna bother.... nope.... not saying that same shit over again... nuh-uh....

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
All I can say is that if it's gona be delayed it's gona be delayed for a while, not 1 or 2 weeks.
I think if that were true, they would have told us a while back.

As for the Gold Date? I'm putting my money on a stab-in-the-dark flip-of-a-coin no-bloody-idea.

Assuming there are 5 presses each making CDs at a rate of 1 CD / 5 seconds, 24/7, in 5 days they can make a combined total of 432,000. That's nearly half a million, and I'm sure they have more than 5 (faster) presses, so just be optimistic.

It appears as if 20% of the people here don't think it will be released on the 30th. Does anyone have a clear idea of how much time it takes to mass produce a game after it's been sent to the publishers?

I'm saying later, because when i'm pessamistic (sp?) i don't let myself down. There are good arguments for both sides of the speculation, but what i'm forcing myself to think is that it's coming out in october and they're just waiting to get a solid grip on which week they think it will be coming out. I also think that there is a bigger chance that Steam will be the reason that it's delayed as opposed to the game's development.

Here's to hoping that I'm dead-****ing wrong.:cheers:

I'm off to bed :) So @ 200 votes, most of you seems confident to tuesday :p Not so long to wait.
Tomorow will also maybe the day which all the 'monday 22nd' will lose there bills :D

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
Does anyone have a clear idea of how much time it takes to mass produce a game after it's been sent to the publishers?
And that, ladies and jellyspoons, is the million pound/dollar/euro/groat/goat/<delete currency as applicable> question

Dude, it's been confirmed that they'll confirm it (Spitcodfry)... If that makes any sense whatsoever.

22nd here
Ah I guess I hope the anouncement will be about that.

Maybe they'll announce on Tuesday that it went gold the week before :D

24th that ought to give them not-bad time to get it to the biggest games, but that ought to give them enough time to spread them around to the most important countries (this includes Denmark *ofcourse* we have 5 mill ppl but we have money too..)

wheres the "its gold but they didnt announce it" option

"Mondoay 22" : You losers :p
Today should be THE day so for 32,48% of you people :)

Im a little worried that they haven't said that it's gone Gold, Halo just said that the PC version went gold for sept. 30th, what is Valve waiting for! Let us know already! bah!

my pick - Tuesday 23

I say the 26th because it's exactly THREE months AFTER my birthday, plus it's 3 months before boxing day...can't go wrong with boxes, MEANING RETAIL NOT STEAM.

Well it's tuesday, 23, not so on the west coast yet, but it will be interesting to see what happens in the morning. Wish Steam had an alarm to wake me up if anything happens ; )

Originally posted by Athlon7
Well it's tuesday, 23, not so on the west coast yet, but it will be interesting to see what happens in the morning. Wish Steam had an alarm to wake me up if anything happens ; )

That would be annoying

(blaring military-loud siren)

(Wake up, go to comp, turn on monitor)

"Steam has now updated your 'friends' icon"

I really hope today is the day....i have a gut feeling about this---Come on valve you can do it!

what if its already gold but valve isnt going public with it
so the pirate version wont come out so early

I say the 26th, assuming they make the announcement after the showing of HL2 in Japan by ATi.

Originally posted by [TCC]yoni1187
what if its already gold but valve isnt going public with it
so the pirate version wont come out so early

They said That they're planning on telling us when it goes gold.

Valve is playing a game with us...you should know that.
Just remember what Spitcodfry asked "Will you make it for release by the 30th?" and Gaded replyed "We'll see." while he chuckled....So really we don't know till later this week or wait till the 30th for some word to come out of vavle. They have done very well on this so called game that they are are playing on us.

gabe has always said the 30th, i beleve that he isn't lieing to us. so that would mean either it's on target for the 30th or it's going to be tight for the 30th, and if it slips it will be a small delay.

this is all assuming that valve arn't just all out lieing to us.

Back