• 3-5 times a week

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • 2-3 times a week

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Once a week

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Once or twice a month

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Rarely (once or twice every other month)

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Never

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I lift weights 4 days a week, do 30 minutes of cardio 7 days a week, and ski 4 days a week.

My workplace has a gym, usually about an hour before it's time to go, I get a 2k render (2000 px wide) running on my comptuer, head down to the gym for an hour, then when I come back, I can make a few tweaks, render off a 6k and go home.

Today I ran 3.5 miles, walked 2 miles (5.5 total). The last segment I was feeling really energetic, so I ran 1.4 miles at 8.5 mph, then .1 miles at 11 mph. Then I did 100 pushups (1 set). Then I came home and ate 1.5 boxes of fruit rollups.

I have Shaolin once a week, and I practise it by myself two or three times a week. It's not as good a workout as it is in an actual lesson, though.

i masturbate quite regularly
Oh, I also forgot to mention that masturbating helps keep my cardiovascular system and abdominals in shape during long periods of not doing enough physical activity. Thanks for that reminder Tyguy! :thumbs:

I'm so out of shape it's retarded. Um....sometimes I play DDR? I used to be able to play for hours, but now one stage kills me. :(

I'm so out of shape it's retarded. Um....sometimes I play DDR? I used to be able to play for hours, but now one stage kills me. :(
Hahaha, same.

That was one embarassing day at the arcade...

"Hey let's play some DDR, haven't done that in a while..."

*5 minutes later*

"HOLY SHIT HOW DID WE DO THIS 3 YEARS AGO"

Bike to school and back - 5 days a week
Football at lunch - 2 days a week
Badminton at lunch - 3 days a week
Badminton after school - 1 day a week
Football training - 1 day a week

& Whatever else I feel like

Those are the things that I definetly do each week.

I go to the ymca, run about 3 miles. Sometimes i'll bike afterwards. Then I go and juggle my soccer ball until im way to tired. 4 to 5 times a week. I'm in fairly good shape. I should probably lift, but i'd rather concentrate on soccer. I guess every night I do spend time head-juggling a size 3 ball in my room for at about a half n hour. That usually builds up a small sweat.

Which would you lot prefer to have:
a six-pack, but normal everything else, or muscly arms but no six-pack and normal everything else?

Is that even possible?

a six-pack is defined by body-fat. Not muscularity.

a six-pack is defined by body-fat. Not muscularity.

Bingo... I always say that, both people still choose to ignore the anatomy of the human body.

Even beneath 600 pounds of fat, your musculature will still look quite similar to this, though a bit atrophied.

musclesanteriorlabeledmu0.png

Wow, the proportions on that diagram are waaaaay off.

I go to the gym about 3-4 times a week after school. Then i also go snowboarding on weekends which i guess counts as an exercise.

*Doesn't know what you mean*
I thought you had to really work out to get a six-pack?
Your body fat tells you how defined your muscles are. You need a low body fat in order to see your abs. You can get a low body fat by strict dieting and/or running. Everyone has a six pack, you simply can only see your six pack if you have a low enough body fat.

Lifting weights gives you bigger and stronger muscles. You don't burn that much fat compared to running, so it doesn't change how defined your muscles are. Doing crunches is like lifting weights for your abs. It'll make them stronger and bigger, but it wont really make them more visible, unless you already have a six pack.

2x2 hours of TKD a week.

2 other days inbetween some light muscle stuff (Press Ups, Sit ups, pull ups etc etc)

Jogging once a week.

I like to think i'm fairly fit ^_^

Gym 3 times a week. I hate going, think of excuses not to go everytime, but am always glad afterwards. Feel the burn!

never right now if you don't count walking to and from school, I'm looking to start going to the gym though

Your body fat tells you how defined your muscles are. You need a low body fat in order to see your abs. You can get a low body fat by strict dieting and/or running. Everyone has a six pack, you simply can only see your six pack if you have a low enough body fat.

Lifting weights gives you bigger and stronger muscles. You don't burn that much fat compared to running, so it doesn't change how defined your muscles are. Doing crunches is like lifting weights for your abs. It'll make them stronger and bigger, but it wont really make them more visible, unless you already have a six pack.
I have very low body fat, but can't see any defined abs :(. I am not proper unfit either.

I have very low body fat, but can't see any defined abs :(. I am not proper unfit either.
Well what is your body fat %? It's different for everyone.
Usually those with under 10% body fat have defined abs. 3-4% body fat is really defined abs. And being fit really depends on the person you are. Some people see fit as weight lifting others running. Some people both. Furthermore, if your not running 3 to 5 times a week you probably arn't as fit as you think. Some peoples bodies store more fat in different areas too.

I have about a 9% body fat and coming in.

Well what is your body fat %? It's different for everyone.
Usually those with under 10% body fat have defined abs. 3-4% body fat is really defined abs. And being fit really depends on the person you are. Some people see fit as weight lifting others running. Some people both. Furthermore, if your not running 3 to 5 times a week you probably arn't as fit as you think. Some peoples bodies store more fat in different areas too.

I have about a 9% body fat and coming in.
Heh ok I'm not very fit then :p.
Also I don't even know how to find what one's body fat is.
/googles.
EDIT: Damn, need me some scales.

I train 3 times a week for 1.5-2 hours (basketball training), and one or two matches in the weekends.

I have an extreme low body fat. Actually close to anorexic: around (or less, I can't remember exactly) 2%

I play with my RAM too! :D

I have a stick of old RAM in my drawer on my computer desk. I'm sure it can still be utilized in a useful way, perhaps for doing lines of coke.

3-5 times a week

I just started a new workout, trying to get my body fat less then 10%.

It doesn't matter how many of you go to the gym 7 days a week. The question is what is your bodyfat percentage. It doesn't matter how much you work out; if you have a high bodyfat percentage you are doing something wrong. That's just my opinion so if any of you disagree then **** off.

It doesn't matter how many of you go to the gym 7 days a week. The question is what is your bodyfat percentage. It doesn't matter how much you work out; if you have a high bodyfat percentage you are doing something wrong. That's just my opinion so if any of you disagree then **** off.

What if the rate at which you lose fat in your body is more dependent on your genetics rather than a rigid, well-planned workout?

Heh ok I'm not very fit then :p.
Also I don't even know how to find what one's body fat is.
/googles.
EDIT: Damn, need me some scales.
You don't need a scale. There are scales that can tell you. There are plenty of fairly accurate ways to find out online by giving various info (measurment of waist and such).

What if the rate at which you lose fat in your body is more dependent on your genetics rather than a rigid, well-planned workout?
Genetics play a part. However that part is rather small. All bodies burn sugar first, then carbs, then fat. It's probably not genetics but rather the persons diet.

3-5 times a week

I just started a new workout, trying to get my body fat less then 10%.
When you wake up, drink some water and go run. Don't eat until after you run. Then continue with normal exercises at the gym. It will work. I guarantee it. Just pay $5.50 to me, now!

Back