Your experiences with internet fraud....

craig

Reaction score
.... so, as I regularly do I was checking my internet online banking today and noticed that I'd been debited $14.99 from an company calling themselves 'e commercial software'... my immediate reaction was 'wtf' knowing full-well that I havent ordered anything of the kind from anyone.

I'm gonna have to go to the bank tomorrow to get the matter sorted, but worst of all I dont know how my details were obtained by these muther****ers.

Anyway, I was wondering if any, what everyone elses experiences of internet fraud are?

mutherfookers.jpg

..hmm

ordering 1000$+ of pc hardware and having them send me less expensive stuff(example: i ordered an audigy and they sent me a soundblaster, thinking i wouldnt notice......)

....and having to fight with them to get my money back.

A person once ****ed me up. It's a long story but I wasted soooo much money on her...**** HER, I SAY! **** HER ALL THE WAY DOWN TO HELL!

Frank said:
A person once ****ed me up. It's a long story but I wasted soooo much money on her...**** HER, I SAY! **** HER ALL THE WAY DOWN TO HELL!

That's not fraud, it's love :)

Well anyway once I realized a trojan was running on my machine so I quickly went and changed all the passwords on my bank, cc accounts, and the like. Fortunatelly nothing bad happened.

LoneDeranger said:
That's not fraud, it's love :)

Yeah I was in love with her, but I have no idea who she or IT was. I'll tell about it tomorrow. It's getting late....it's 00:56 here in Le Denmark

Frank said:
Yeah I was in love with her, but I have no idea who she or IT was. I'll tell about it tomorrow. It's getting late....it's 00:56 here in Le Denmark

I know what you mean .. similar thing happened to me. Fortunatelly she didn't ask for money, never even allowed me to pay for dinner, etc. Thats the only nice thing she ever did for me ;(

But that didn't stop me from wasting over $13,000 on logistic and indirectly related things .. not that I lost the money, but I wouldn't have spent it in this fashion otherwise.

I feel stupid now but I know I'll do it again if the opportunity arises. :)

crabcakes66 said:
example: i ordered an audigy and they sent me a soundblaster, thinking i wouldnt notice......)

Now lets all stop and think about this comment for a moment, and ask ourselves "why is this so funny?".

We bought "Age of Mythology" on eBay, twice from the same person.

They said they were selling from Australia. Turn out they were in Malaysia.

The game we recieved looked nothing like the nice, boxed game on the eBay page. It was in a little flimsy plastic case, not even a proper jewel case, with a home-printed label (complete with spelling errors), and information on the back informing us that we would need to install a crack.

So we eMailed the dude back, asking, basically, "WTF? What's going on here?".

They eMailed us back (badly), saying that they'd bought the game in Malaysia, and didn't realise it was pirated. He said he'd mail us a real version. So we waited and thought "Okay, we'll give him the benefit of the doubt"...

No such luck. The next one mailed to us was almost exactly the same, except that the info on the back about the crack was removed, and the spelling had been "corrected", by which I mean that the old spelling errors had been removed, and new ones had been added.

Also, an almost laughable thing had been added right on the front of the label: "Genuine Version".

Just how dumb did this guy think we were?

Basically, we reported him to eBay, and couldn't do much else...

Back