Your favorite line of dialouge?

Reaction score
I really like this one, excellent writing on Valve's side and great voice acting by Robert Culp.

Doctor Wallace Breen said:
Doctor Freeman, you really shouldn't be out there. At the moment of synapse as I teleport this chamber will be bathed in deadly particles that have yet to be named by human science. Perhaps when I have the leisure to do the work myself, I'll name one of them after you; that way you won't be completely forgotten! When the singularity collapses, I will be far away from here - in another universe, as a matter of fact. You on the other hand will be destroyed in every way it is possible to be destroyed, and even in some, which are essentially impossible!

And also, this one made me laugh because of how ridicilous it sounds.
Doctor Wallace Breen said:
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants, inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences, worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...Impossible to describe with our limited vocabulary.

And this one.
Alyx Vance said:
Doctor Freeman I presume?

What's your favorite line of dialogue?

"When you see Dr. Breen, tell him I said f*ck you!" - instant classic.

My favorite line didn't make it into the final game:

"Remember when we thought Black Mesa was as bad as it could get?"

;(

(I don't think this is the exact quote, it's been long enough since I've played)

"Good job pullin' that switch Gordon. I can see that MIT education really pays for itself."
---Barney.

Eveytime he says that I want to smack him upside the head. :)

I like the absense of dialogue with gordon, that guys just doenst have anyhting to say....ever

Adabiviak said:
"When you see Dr. Breen, tell him I said f*ck you!" - instant classic.
OWNED! I like that one too!

"Oh it's hardly the worst...but you might find that hard to believe once you get there!" - Breen

"Doctor Freeman, you really shouldn't be out there. At the moment of synapse as I teleport this chamber will be bathed in deadly particles that have yet to be named by human science. Perhaps when I have the leisure to do the work myself, I'll name one of them after you; that way you won't be completely forgotten!" - Breen

Fantastic lines.

So, wake up, Mr. Freeman.

Wake up and... smell the ashes.

I SPILL MY DRINK!
Okay, so that's not in the game.

"OH SHIT!"
- Dr. Breen

Well, not really, in fact, I agree with Beerdude26.

i like how the vorts talk smack about you.......(no proof but come on, white guy in a big jumpsuit!?)

Kleiners little procreation bit, I forget how it goes exactly. Along the lines of "We must begin procreation immediatedly".

(If anyone can be bothered to find out how it goes exactly. :p )

Cormeh said:
Kleiners little procreation bit, I forget how it goes exactly. Along the lines of "We must begin procreation immediatedly".

Oh right, I really liked Alyx' response:

"Is Dr. Kleiner really telling everyone to, you know... Get busy?"

Cormeh said:

"Previously, certain protein chains important to the process of embryonic development were selectively prevented from forming. This is no longer the case. For those so inclined, now would be an excellent time for procreation. Which is to say, in lamen’s terms, you should give serious consideration to doing your part for the revival of the spieces. We must make the most of the time we have, as it is by no means certain how much time we have secured ourselves before the combine attempt to restore their dominion, as they certainly shall."

(roughly):
You have destroyed so much Dr. Freeman, but what exactly is it that you have created?

"Dr. Freeman, you have destroyed so much. What is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing? ...I thought not."

Apparently, Valve also liked it, seeing how they SPOILERS included it in Episode One's intro.

I know, that was really weird. But I like that quote too.
SPOILERS
Why did they show a breencast being absorbed into a void sprouting that message? Really odd.

Apocalypse89 said:
"Dr. Freeman, you have destroyed so much. What is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing? ...I thought not."

Apparently, Valve also liked it, seeing how they SPOILERS included it in Episode One's intro.

They used it again because it spoke so much about Freeman and his actions.

Best line was Breen's "you will be destroyed in every possible" speech in the reactor.

Breen said:
When the singularity collapses, I will be far away from here - in another universe, as a matter of fact. You on the other hand will be destroyed in every way it is possible to be destroyed, and even in some, which are essentially impossible!
Because it sounds so much like how I talk.

Beerdude26 said:
I SPILL MY DRINK!
Okay, so that's not in the game.
But it's still the best line of dialoge in an FPS ever. I actualy LOLed when I heard that.

"Doctor Freeman, you have destroyed so much. Tell me what exactly is it you have created? Can you name even one thing?...I thought not"

Edit:
Also
"At the moment the singularity collapses I will be far from here; in another universe infact. You, on the other hand, will be destroyed in every way it is possible to be destroyed and in some ways that are essentially impossible"

Kleinercast all the way... It made me feel proud to be a human, and filled me with an eager desire to destroy the combine.

Dr. Breen said:
It has come to my attention that some have lately called me a collaborator, as if such a term was shameful. I ask you, what greater endeavor exists than that of collaboration? In our current unparalleled enterprise, refusal to collaborate is simply a refusal to grow--an insistence on suicide, if you will. Did the lungfish refuse to breathe air? It did not. It crept forth boldly while its brethren remained in the blackest ocean abyss, with lidless eyes forever staring at the dark, ignorant and doomed despite their eternal vigilance. Would we model ourselves on the trilobyte? Are all the accomplishments of humanity fated to be nothing more than a layer of broken plastic shardes thinly strewn across a fossil bed, sandwiched between the Burgess shale and an eon's worth of mud? In order to be true to our nature, and our destiny, we must aspire to greater things. We have outgrown our cradle. It is futile to cry for mother's milk, when our true sustenance awaits us among the stars. And only the universal union that small minds call 'The Combine' can carry us there. Therefore I say, yes, I am a collaborator. We must all collaborate, willingly, eagerly, if we expect to reap the benefits of unification. And reap we shall.

My favorite Breencast. Mostly because of the lungfish part. I love that line.

Dr. Breen said:
Go back Freeman, you have no idea what you're doing!
Dr. Breen said:
Do what is right, Dr. Freeman. Serve mankind.

Barney said:
Did you hear a cat just now? That damn thing haunts me!

And every G-man speech.

"Oh, it's hardly the worst. But you might find that hard to believe once you get there."

Either the Zombine joke or the zombie impersonation!

"We don't have time to watch TV"
When you disconnect the television in the Barney building, Alyx would say.

Barney calling Head crabs "Head humpers", came out of no where when fighting through the town, I laughed loads. :D

Back