Your feelings on assault

$kelet0r

Tank
Reaction score
well assault has arrived and well it looks beautiful
but what a waste of map when the whole area by the ct spawn and the rail station is never used
the gameplay sucks if you're a counterterrorist - you can only wait to be slaughtered or run in to be slaughtered
plus it crashes css utterly for me something that has never happened to me before
and just to be picky you can see the edges of the skybox lol

your thoughts....

Ive never been a assault fan, but I like the new source version. I think it keeps with the tactical theme while giving terrorist more options then most people realize.

john3571000 said:
well assault has arrived and well it looks beautiful
but what a waste of map when the whole area by the ct spawn and the rail station is never used
the gameplay sucks if you're a counterterrorist - you can only wait to be slaughtered or run in to be slaughtered
plus it crashes css utterly for me something that has never happened to me before
and just to be picky you can see the edges of the skybox lol

your thoughts....

well...assault has always been a T' based map so nothing surprising on that end.
i have seen CT teams own on that map.. but certainly CT's need to be smart in how they enter that warehouse.. the same strat won't work for more than 2 consecutive rounds and generally in pubs, people don't think too much when playing.

I never had a problem as a CT on that map ... on the 24/7 servers I played on in 1.5, people thought I was god because of how I always pwned as a CT, but overall it's a terrorist advantage camp map and it still is even if not as much anymore.

I love the remake.

I think it looks really good.Does seem to be a war of attrition though especially when there are a lot of players on the server.The only downside is as its quite tactical if your killed early on it can be a bit of a wait for the round to end.

I've always been a fan of assault, even though it is impossible to survive against a competent terrorist team. I like the new upper entry on the remake, and the stairs and ladder add some new angles of attack and survival. I like how there is now more cover inside the building. I just wish it was more difficult for the terrorists to cover every entry point.

New Assault pwns old assault hands down. Has there been a bad sourcification so far?

/me patiently waits for VIP maps to show up

Woooot cs_assault owns your boxers. The upper door on the right side of the building makes it balanced, too. Nice tactical play!!

What is it with you people!?! ONE door just doesn't balance everything out like that! Geez.. *shakes his head*

Amaru said:
What is it with you people!?! ONE door just doesn't balance everything out like that! Geez.. *shakes his head*

Yes it does. If you play your cards right, you can make 2 entries with the help of teammates and distract the enemy from the bottom or top, while the other proceeds to enter. Also, the top door makes for an excellent flash bang entry, pretty much blinding anyone in the building, allowing for everyone to make their move.

You're just looking at things from a "Where are the best vantage points for shooting people" perspective of balance.

Exclamatio said:
i like it

i hated assault on 1.6

Meh.

They increased the size of the map drastically, making it easier for terrorists to get to strategic points before ct's do. ( eg roof )

Ts could get on the roof first on 1.6 too.

All in all I really like assault. Yes it is a pain to get killed early on and have to wait ages for the next round but apart from that its good fun.

My only real criticism is that they should have put a kink in the vent like cs_assault2k.

There are some very nice general-purpose models in it. Should come in very handy for future mapping projects. I've only played the map a few times and the cts raped it up, clovering each exit and sending in strike teams of 3 or four at opposite entrances every now and then until the t's were annihilated. I think the outside areas are very pretty, the inside is decent, and some of the stairs and caged ladder area is beautiful. The elevated train area is a bit plain, as is the space beneath it. Some of the detail of the far corner (tunnel entrance) could have been spared to spruce that area up a bit. All in all a very nice map, without being overly full of crap, as I find the turtlerock maps to be.

It's definitely one of those maps that the hostages will get rescued about .1% of the time.

MetalliMyers said:
It's definitely one of those maps that the hostages will get rescued about .1% of the time.

Yeah it kinda turns into a fightyard...

One of the best looking maps in source. Aside de_inferno. Looks like a REAL place.

I really like it. I liked the old assault as well.
Sure, it's still a nearly DM-Style map on public servers, but hey, it's assault, it's supposed to be like that. I have no problem with the T's having a big advantage, for me that is what it's about.

I think it might be a bit more balanced if the air vent came down into the hossie area, rather than just outside, so you could throw a flash in then jump and kill everyone... Of course the T's could just camp the vent... Anyway I think assault is definitely one of the best looking maps, I loved it so much I screened it and set it as my desktop :thumbs:

Raziel-Jcd said:
One of the best looking maps in source. Aside de_inferno. Looks like a REAL place.

That's absolutely true. :E

And yo Rippedsteel, can you post that wallpaper you were talking about? Thanks!

I've played it a few times and have to say cs_assault is looking the best its ever been. I love the inclusion of the top door, good for quick rushes as long as the t's are incompetent :p

The hostages get stuck on the train tracks making fast hostage rescue out the garage door next to impossible.

It is fun and all, but added camera's would finish it off^

And a hostage fix...I guess, but since I never get them I don't really care :p

I have always loved assault. I really like this Source one.

From what little I've played on it I think its really cool, even though I've been suxxing at CSS lately. One thing that I really like is the fact that you can shoot through everything. If you know where there's people hiding, or if there are people coming through the vent then you can deal some serious damage to them. The hostages seem to have had a lobotomy though and do not ever attempt to rescue them unless you do it as a decoy.

Nice map 9/10.

The side door kinda evens it out, and the crates by the vent opening do to. I like it.

I think its too easy for the Ts to camp the vent, other than that its ok :)

Just happy to get new maps I guess...

Back