Your most hated GENRE/MUSIC TYPE

There's tons of god hip hop out there, mainly under the anticon record lable. People like Themselves, Alias, Why?, Sole are the like are all fantastic. They have their own term which is 'abstract hip hop' and it's all generally centered around more interesting topics such as war, politics, life instead of money, women and drugs.

Anyone who says that all rap/hip-hop is bad is just a closeminded moron who doesn't warrant your attention or conversation.

I like a lot of underground stuff, El-P, Aesop Rock, etc. Sure, a lot or even most rap is stupid (especially the supercommercial stuff) but there are some really talented artists out there.

Anyone who says that all rap/hip-hop is bad is just a closeminded moron who doesn't warrant your attention or conversation.

Yep, and the same can be said for pretty much every genre of music.

Emo, Screamo, Deathmetal.

Why create songs about how you want to kill yourself? The general attitude of emos makes me sick :/

Most liked:
1. '90's Grunge (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden)
2. Late '90's Postgrunge (Bush, Creed, Everclear, Filter, Fuel)
3. early '00s postgrunge (Puddle of Mudd)
4. Industrial (NIN)
5. Blues

Least Liked:

1. All rap
2. All country
3. Girly pop (includes boybands)
4. 80's Rock, Metal and Hair Metal
5. Mid to-late '00s Emo (AFI, FOB, MCR)
6. Mid to-late '00s Nu-Metal (Korn,Muse,System of a Down)

Stuff I can tolerate
1. Late 60's rock
2. 70's rock
4. Jazz
5. Electronica/Dance

I like a lot of underground stuff, El-P, Aesop Rock, etc. Sure, a lot or even most rap is stupid (especially the supercommercial stuff) but there are some really talented artists out there.

Wow, I'm a close minded moron because I don't like a music genre... :rolleyes:

Music and art in general are some of the most subjective things out there.

Welcome to halflife2.net where opinions are not allowed.

And quite frankly it's irrelevant how talented some of them might be. They could be the most talented artists in the world, but if I don't like their music it just doesn't matter.

To be fair, you can't say it's all crap when there is no possible way of knowing what it's all like. I imagine you've heard the more famous rap artists, maybe 10/20 or even 100 others and it's fair enough to say you may not enjoyed them, but there's still plenty of other artists out there breaking the mould who you may enjoy so it's unfair to generalize it all.

Wow, I'm a close minded moron because I don't like a music genre... :rolleyes:
"Rap is bad by definition"

You didn't say you didn't like it, you said it was bad. Saying something is bad is not a subjective statement. "I don't like it" is an acceptable, postable, opinion.

There's a large difference.

Kanye West; the only good stuff he's ever made was not his to begin with, a.k.a. Gold Digger, Diamonds, Stronger.

I got into (c)rap for about a year, but I can't stand most of it anymore. There are a few that have really good audio progression, but then the lyrics come along and make it intolerable. I don't mind vulgarity if it has a point beyond a lame attempt to make yourself look like a "Badass muthaf**ker" or express your total inability to be charming to anything but a two-dollar hooker.

And recently it just seems to be getting extremely retarded with all the whiny rap & soulja boy's.

Anything that whenever I log into iTunes is at the top of the chart. This mostly encompasses Rap (I like Kanye West, though), Pop, Country...

Also complete screamo music and as said before anything with whiny voices is annoying.

C&W or hip-hop.

Strangely enough, the two songs I hate the most (Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" and The Killers' "Somebody Told Me") are both rock(ish), although I find the music of the latter somewhat enjoyable.

I thought all songs in the first Killers album were very good, on a whole, the album was amazingly well made, although their not in my style enough to stick them on itunes, but they are no doubt a good band and I could easily listen to them and have a good time at a bar or something.

Only problem is, where is they can mix superbly, their live performances are dire, the musicians are fine, but that dude cannot sing live to save his life.

"Rap is bad by definition"

You didn't say you didn't like it, you said it was bad. Saying something is bad is not a subjective statement. "I don't like it" is an acceptable, postable, opinion.

There's a large difference.

I think it's fairly typical of us to try to come up with all-encompassing theories that things should respectfully fit into. See, there is a bit of irony in that sentence alone. Actually, what pissing on a genre does is further define that genre and since artists will naturally admire other artists, they will begin imitating the unifying theme of the genre that those artists (the ones being admired) are told to be within. So.. what I'm trying to say is that I really hate country music.

i hate techno. lets all take E and flail around to weird ass computer generated rhythms for 8 hours that dont make you feel anything other than *UNCE**UNCE**UNCE* GOOOOOOOOOD Man, just what I wanna be remembered for.

I hate any Rap/Hip hop unless its a parody of rap/hip hop.

Except for Everyday Normal Guy.

RAP
Seriously.

Concur.

Can stand a little of it depending on where i am and who i'm with. In clubs it's ok and i can dance to it, but say in a car; **** no. And after about ten minutes of it i get pissed and move to a different chamber.

BLAM THAT CRAP!

:sniper: RAP

PARTY HARD!!!!!!

157.jpg

Southern Texas, Northern Mexico.

Country + accordion + singers who can't sing + really random. sporadic snare/kick drumming = fail

Modern mainstream rap and most dance based techno, also power metal.

Back