Zombie Strider? !Spoilers!

Could a Strider become Zombified?

• Yes

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • ZOMG!!! I WANNA FIGHT TEH ZOMBIE STRIDER!!!!

Votes: 46 37.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zombie Striders

Let me repeat: I am not suggesting we fight "Zombie Striders", I would like to know if you guys think its possible

I would definatley think it's possible. Just will valve do it? Of course it would be hard for a headcrab fast headcrap poison headcrap no jump that high but it could definatley happen with A strider crouching when it shoots like it sometimes does, and a headcrab could be on a higher platform and own it

In my opinion totaly impossible. The same logic a headcrab can infest a Hunter, Gunship and a Dropship(carrier), as they seem to to be similar in bio-electronic construction.

People, aren't you reading, what is being said over and over again? The discussion is not about whether the headcrab would reach the strider's CNS, because it's too small. Were discussing the THEORY of it! Ok? Let's say the strider is shackled up REALLY tight, with the defensive plate surgically removed. So would it be possible for the headcrab to infest the strider, when it was simply placed on top of the strider?

Headcrab body is strictly adapted to attach to relatively small round objects that could fit INSIDE it's 'mouth', for example - a human head. The strider body is huge and smooth. Even if the supposed 'brain' (muscle tissue in my opinion) was exposed, it's way too big, and way too unround to fit into the headcrab's mouth.

This would require alot of time for the headcrab to reach the brain through all the mechanical bioimplants, providing the strider don't try to resist or don't go get fixed. But maybe, if it has the time, it would be possible to infest a strider, if the headcrab is familiar with this type of CNS that is.
Still, relatively impossible

Isn't that huge thing at the back of the strider the brain?
Or are those intestines? Cause i doubt striders need them...

striderzombieyj0.png

No.

The body looks like divided in 3 different parts - the back one, big, holding the legs and the cannon. Middle one - the 'neck', the same one DOG tear the armour off and lethaly wounded the strider. The front one - small and round, where the pulse cannon is placed, possibly the head containing the brain.
It's just my opinion

The pulse cannon looks like a head alright, but not the type that has a brain.

I was under the impression that headcrabs went through the mouth and not directly to the brain, seeing how the mouth on the zombies are wide open and the head is tilted up... The headcrab then uses the nervsystem and becomes the "brain" itself.
So if it's what i think, unless someone tells me otherwise Id say no.

I voted for the Zombie strider anyways, thou.

I'd like to see an abnormally large headcrab take control of an Advisor....

... or maybe not.

The body looks like divided in 3 different parts - the back one, big, holding the legs and the cannon. Middle one - the 'neck', the same one DOG tear the armour off and lethaly wounded the strider. The front one - small and round, where the pulse cannon is placed, possibly the head containing the brain.
It's just my opinion

I think you've missed something: Dog indeed lethally wounded the strider - by ripping off it's brain! The middle section is the exact one where it is. Even I didn't notice the brain on my first playthrough, as I said. Dog throws the brain out, it may land in the river and can be tricky to spot. If you want a quick look at it, check my attacment screenshot on page 2.

By the way, what if a Half-life newbie reads the title and gets all excited about fighting zombie striders?

It has a friggin brain stem hanging off of it...

DOG tear off the brain of the creature (and toss it somewhere around), so the stem can be visible, but you can also see alot of muscle tissue.

DOG tear off the brain of the creature (and toss it somewhere around), so the stem can be visible, but you can also see alot of muscle tissue.

Ah, of course, I forgot you where the expert on alien brains.

Even if it was possible (which i dont think it is cause of all the bio-engineering performed on it), I wouldnt want to fight them. If you foced on the headcrab only, it would drop dead from standard bullets, which takes the fun outa them.

Did anyone else check out the strider brain in the dark? It had spots that would glow. I had to put it into space :dork:

While I voted no, the thought of strider behavior under headcrab influence is pretty funny.

Even if it was possible (which i dont think it is cause of all the bio-engineering performed on it), I wouldnt want to fight them. If you foced on the headcrab only, it would drop dead from standard bullets, which takes the fun outa them.

You mean like the Magnusson device?

"So it might just act like a retarded, weaponless strider that wanted to eat people but couldn't."

Havent i heard that somewhere before?

I think a strider-zombie would be pretty hilarius. like, it would be missing half of one of its legs, so it'd just be scooting around on the ground, then it would accidentally shoot itself and loose another leg so it would squirm around trying to eat you, but it wouldn't be able to, so it would try to shoot you, but it couldn't aim, effectivly shooting off yet ANOTHER leg, so then it would just roll around with its half of a leg lopeing of to the side, but the rolling would break break off the rest of THAT leg, essentially becoming a giant rollong strider head, then it would roll into an oncoming train, and the train would explode and the strider head would blow to bits and the headcrab would shoot hundreds of feet into the air and slam into a combine. :eek:

I think a strider-zombie would be pretty hilarius. like, it would be missing half of one of its legs, so it'd just be scooting around on the ground, then it would accidentally shoot itself and loose another leg so it would squirm around trying to eat you, but it wouldn't be able to, so it would try to shoot you, but it couldn't aim, effectivly shooting off yet ANOTHER leg, so then it would just roll around with its half of a leg lopeing of to the side, but the rolling would break break off the rest of THAT leg, essentially becoming a giant rollong strider head, then it would roll into an oncoming train, and the train would explode and the strider head would blow to bits and the headcrab would shoot hundreds of feet into the air and slam into a combine. :eek:

Uhh...Indeed...

I like this guy. Welcome to the forums.

Best worst post this thread has seen.

What about a new kind of headcrab?

Somewhere in between the big moma and the headcrab, the thing is giganourmous.

Serious_ivan what the hell is wrong with you, and why are you starting a year old threads?
You will never learn, don't you?

Jeez, you will post to a 2 years old thread just to increase your number of posts.

Pure thread exhumation and necrophilia...cool, lol
LOCK PLIIZ! Lock before it's too late for all of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back